Unique Custody Situation

My Wife and I separated back last september. She decided to make a wild move and join the US Army and left Oct. 27th. I didn't have a stable environment for my children so agreed to leave the children with the in-laws to care for them. I see them every weekend and at least twice in the week since then as well as pay them support money to care for them. I have recently stabilized myself to be able to care for my children on my own. I have recently addressed the in-laws with this news that I would now like them to stay with me nightly as the mother won't return from basic training until the end of April this year at which point we would proceed with dissolution of the marriage and negotiate custody/visitation. The in-laws gave me kick back and denied me my request. I was so upset but kept calm as I don't want to engage in anything foolish or traumatizing for my children.

I live in Orlando, FL so i'm told that OPD will not engage in domestic matters so not much help there.

My lawyer told me that legally they cannot stop me from taking my kids.

Well if i go over there and tell them i'm taking them they will most certainly try to stop me how do i go about this legally and properly?

C'mon, seriously?

Reread your post a couple times, and tell me where you went wrong?

Don't know how to insert pictures, but here is the link!!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/124/198/cluebat.jpg

Also, this is the site you need to go to:THE LIST (Print It) - Divorce Forum and Child Custody Forum

If you still don't "get it";

"Hello, bank, I would like to rob you today, and was calling to find out the best time to come, as to not create too much trouble for other customers"

Edit: I should have been a lawyer, "I would be loaded"!!

Here is what your attorney charged you $200.00 for:

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=take

"Pay close attention to definition #2's, in both meanings"

Well if i go over there and TELL them? i'm taking them they will most certainly try to stop me how do i go about this legally and properly?

You are getting divorced, in an adversarial system. You don't "Tell" them anything.

That is like telling the enemy, how and when you will attack them

Your lawyer "told" you everything, you should have already known. They are your kids, and the police cannot arrest you for taking, something you already possess. Keep your mouth shut around the inlaws/ex already, and figure it out?

Edited by omgurserious

The issue really isn't a legal one because they are your children and your in-laws do not have any court order giving them custody. They cannot keep you from them nor can they keep you from taking them to your home. Do you have a Pastor in your life? Does your in-laws attend church somewhere? I understand that you do not want to traumatize your kids and that you don't want to burn bridges with the in-laws either. These are, however, your children and they have no right to deny them to you. If you do have a Pastor maybe he/she could be with you when you speak to your in-laws again. In the end, you need to do what is best for your children and not be overly concerned about how their grandparents feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.