He got served the divorce papers... What should I expect?

Just found out he got served the divorce papers. He was te one who left me and he currently has a 20 year old girlfriend. What should I expect? Should I expect him to

Treat me bad or nasty emails? Like I said he is the one who left so I figured he's be happy but I am afraid of how he is gonna act now once he drops my kids off today. I filed for sole physical and legal custody of the kids and he knew I wanted that. So nothing in those papers will surprise him.

IMO, the only expectation will be to be served a response within the response period allowed by your court, presuming this is to be a contested action.

An otherwise amicable couple could be engaging in mediation right now. If amicable is any sort of adjective here, IMO leave communication lines open. Otherwise, cut contact means and provide for divorce business to flow through legal counsel. There will likely be a court hearing on your motions regarding custody and other preliminary matters presently, depending upon how your petition was filed.

In our case, my exW didn't hear anything from me after I was served until we were ready to settle, which we had mostly worked out prior to filing. However, your children are a factor we didn't have to deal with. IMO, LC wrt the children only would be a reasonable boundary. Simply terminate any other type contacts.

IMO, best way to think of divorce is like a death. Grit one's teeth and get through it and grieve and move on. Best wishes!

• Author

Thanks! So far I haven't heard anything. I had him drop the kids off to my mom to avoid a fight but I'm surprised I haven't heard anything. Well I didn't know what to expect/ he's been pretty cruel to me. Now he isn't speaking to me at all.