Just separated.....

Well this is my first post so I guess I should say hi first, now that's out of the way i will say what's on my mind.

My wife and I met when we where in our late teens and we dated for 6 years before we got married, we where married for 11 years and have two great kids who mean the world to me (and her) for the past year or so things have gotten bad and we talked about splitting up but decided to stay together for our kids.

We didn't really fight or argue, we both just didn't talk to each other. So about two months ago we decided it was time to split. I finally found my own place and I still get to see my kids 3-4 days a week so I thought it's not that bad huh?!

Well for whatever reason today I just completely broke down, all these questions went threw my mind like "did I try hard enough to make it work" "can I ask for another chance" "does she still have feelings for me" "is there someone else"

I love my kids with all my heart and I always wanted them to have both parents there at the same time but at what price?

Sorry about the ramble, my brains going in 10 different directions

for the past year or so things have gotten bad and we talked about splitting up but decided to stay together for our kids.

We didn't really fight or argue, we both just didn't talk to each other.

Certainly a list of major problems that can derail a marriage - infidelity, abuse, addiction, mental illness, etc. But you don't cite any of those.

So I'll bite - why isn't a marriage with "two great kids" where you "didn't really fight or argue" worth fighting for? And why do two people who (I'll assume) cared enough for each other to make all these good things happen just walk away over a communication problem?

Must be something you're not telling us...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author

Well it's hard for me to type now Im a mess, yes my wife ( exwife) is seeing someone else I don't know how long it's been going on and it don't really make a difference. At least I know the truth