Separation Complication

IntrovertedLEO

IntrovertedLEO

My wife requested a divorce about 5 weeks ago now and had a new bf moved into our house within a week.

About a week later his "wife" soon to be ex wife messaged me on FB requesting some information on their situation. Anyways we chatted up a storm in a couple days and before I know it she invited me over to hang out. We had drinks, bitched about our exs and compared texts etc. After a bunch of drinks we had a passionate hook up session. It has been ongoing for about a month and it is just full of insanely hot sex, sneaking around etc.

Obviously we both know how vulnerable each other are right now and are essentially being each other's therapy. I let her know straight up I do not want to jump back into a relationship right away and I want to enjoy my single life and "rediscover" who I am and what I want as well as finalizing my divorce first. She agreed and is on the same page with me. We haven't told either of our exs yet and do not plan on telling them so clearly it's not strictly a revenge tactic.

Anyways just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I gotta say I feel no remorse about doing this at all and it's been a lot of fun so far. Most likely this won't last i know but damn it's been fun. I know it's probably not the healthiest thing to do after a split but it's been an interesting form of therapy. Any takes or opinions from anyone this has happened to as well (and how it ended) on this would be greatly appreciated :)

• Like 5

I would seriously consider The Golden Rule! Do unto others as you would have them do onto you. (GOD).

That said, this situation sounds like a good movie plot. (Maybe it has already been done). I think too, it would be a fitting punishment for the respective "other" cheating spouses. You always say, "It just happened, you understand, right?"

Ya only go round once in this life! Might as take advantage of therapeutic advantages that come your way, and, of course, check with your physician about any new physical activities and/or exercise routines that you are taking on. Have fun, kids. Bahahahahahahahaha. Yas

If the other guy's wife had been good-looking (she wasn't in my case) there's a good possibility this would have happened to me too. It's a shame she wasn't attractive because she was a nice lady and very wealthy.

I say have fun with it.

• Like 2

Your spouses cheated on you so therefore all bets are off. I'm glad you two are finding comfort in each other. I'm glad you both were honest about your feelings and how you want to move forward. I can't help but wonder how your spouses would react if they knew.:p

• Like 2
Your spouses cheated on you so therefore all bets are off.

I'd hope a cheating spouse's conduct isn't the bar we set to measure our own actions.

We haven't told either of our exs yet and do not plan on telling them so clearly it's not strictly a revenge tactic.

Why not come out of the closet? Sounds as though you've both been cut loose by your respective spouses so why hide?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
GorillaTheater

This story is genuinely heart-warming. Seriously.

I've heard of it happening before. I can't remember the name of the poster, but he had been married for over 20 years when his wife left him for some guy. He was a pit of despair until he and the OM's wife got together, much in the manner you describe. His recovery after that was remarkable.

In his last post, it seems like he and the new lady were on the verge of telling their exes. I got the impression he was enjoying the thought of that quite a bit. :laugh:

I would've loved to see the look on the exes' faces. Same in your case.

• Like 3
My wife requested a divorce about 5 weeks ago now and had a new bf moved into our house within a week.

About a week later his "wife" soon to be ex wife messaged me on FB requesting some information on their situation. Anyways we chatted up a storm in a couple days and before I know it she invited me over to hang out. We had drinks, bitched about our exs and compared texts etc. After a bunch of drinks we had a passionate hook up session. It has been ongoing for about a month and it is just full of insanely hot sex, sneaking around etc.

Obviously we both know how vulnerable each other are right now and are essentially being each other's therapy. I let her know straight up I do not want to jump back into a relationship right away and I want to enjoy my single life and "rediscover" who I am and what I want as well as finalizing my divorce first. She agreed and is on the same page with me. We haven't told either of our exs yet and do not plan on telling them so clearly it's not strictly a revenge tactic.

Anyways just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I gotta say I feel no remorse about doing this at all and it's been a lot of fun so far. Most likely this won't last i know but damn it's been fun. I know it's probably not the healthiest thing to do after a split but it's been an interesting form of therapy. Any takes or opinions from anyone this has happened to as well (and how it ended) on this would be greatly appreciated :)

This is seriously amazing. Hahaha, I love it.

• Author
IntrovertedLEO

Thanks guys I appreciate it :D

I think half of the fun for us is the fact neither of them have a clue what's going on. Eventually it will come out Im sure. I already have a line ready in case I run into the other guy: "Well I guess that makes us even hey pal?"

She's 10 years older than me too which makes this even more interesting. I'm 31, she's 41. We probably never would have met if not for our situations. Long term I don't imagine it working out but it's been an awesome confidence booster for us both that's for sure :cool:

This has gotta be straight out of a movie somewhere though :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Author
IntrovertedLEO
I'd hope a cheating spouse's conduct isn't the bar we set to measure our own actions.

Why not come out of the closet? Sounds as though you've both been cut loose by your respective spouses so why hide?

Mr. Lucky

It's hard to explain why to not just tell them. If we just straight up told them it would seem a bit immature to me I guess like high school gossip in a way and it would look like we're just trying to get revenge on them.

Plus it would be a lot more impactful if the next time she asks if I'm seeing someone I can say "Yeah your new boyfriends (ex)wife." Lol

• Like 3
Misadventure
It's hard to explain why to not just tell them. If we just straight up told them it would seem a bit immature to me I guess like high school gossip in a way and it would look like we're just trying to get revenge on them.

Plus it would be a lot more impactful if the next time she asks if I'm seeing someone I can say "Yeah your new boyfriends (ex)wife." Lol

What is better is possibly seeing where they may go for dinner, and show up with your new fling.. for dinner.. at the same restaurant.

T!t for tat, why be bashful about it...no matter if you do it nicely or in their face, I can guarantee the number one thought will be that you both did it for vindication. Who cares... go with it..after what they both did, you BOTH do not have to give them anything much less an explanation.

Was she thinking how you would feel when she did what she did, as well as him about his wife?

Courtesy is out of respect and clearly they have none for either of you.

After both calm down and you have had fun with the premise in front of them.. later you could possible explain but really.. no matter when or how, the thought of was for revenge will be there regardless. The thing is, you should not care.

• Author
IntrovertedLEO
What is better is possibly seeing where they may go for dinner, and show up with your new fling.. for dinner.. at the same restaurant.

T!t for tat, why be bashful about it...no matter if you do it nicely or in their face, I can guarantee the number one thought will be that you both did it for vindication. Who cares... go with it..after what they both did, you BOTH do not have to give them anything much less an explanation.

Was she thinking how you would feel when she did what she did, as well as him about his wife?

Courtesy is out of respect and clearly they have none for either of you.

After both calm down and you have had fun with the premise in front of them.. later you could possible explain but really.. no matter when or how, the thought of was for revenge will be there regardless. The thing is, you should not care.

Very good points, no matter what it is gonna look like revenge for sure :laugh:

I guess we both just turned on by sneaking around in a sense (feels kinda like cheating). Anyways it's still going on as of today so we will see where it leads. From my experience though most women eventually get attached and want more which I fully expect to happen at some point but hey I will always have these memories for the rest of my life :p

• Author
IntrovertedLEO
See? Your wife has organized you a great GF in no time! :laugh:

Yup what a great women that ex-wife of mine is. So considerate! :laugh:

• Like 1