Let the Countdown Begin

The countdown to moving out has begun.. I am so blessed to have an awesome family. Our house is for sale and hasn't sold yet but I have been looking at new places. I came across this awesome townhouse that will not only fit my furniture but has room for my son to play outside. It has only been on the market for a few days, priced right, so it wasn't going to last long. My Mom stepped up and bought it for me!! This way I can move out now and once my house sells I will them buy it from her returning all of her money she spent. Sept 19th can't come soon enough.

STBX is out of town since this isn't his weekend with our son and I sent him a text I bought a place and would be moving. Still nothing from him back but that is okay. For the first time I feel I am going to be okay. I feel like things are progressing and there is light at the end of this dark tunnel. I am sure I will have more downs but for now I feel a bit more peaceful.

• Like 3

That is great news! It will all still be stressful, but in a good way. So minimize the bad stress.

I think you'll feel better the more considerate you are toward your ex during this transition. I don't mean obsequious, I mean considerate. Treat him basically the way you'd want to be treated in his situation. For example, talk to him face-to-face about the move, but keep it mercifully brief. If you can, offer to ease the logistics for him (if it's no skin off your nose). Like, can he still live in the house until it's sold? Can you store some of his stuff or would you even be ok with that? Whatever it is, make it brief and considerate. And brief. Did I mention brief? Like basically, pretend you are his male buddy when you talk to him about the move.

The reason I say that is, you need to move on and you can't be having either guilt or anger get in your way. You are very connected to this person-- understandably so, duh. In a sense, the only way to have control over your life right now is to have some control over his comings and goings, his intentions and moods. Or at least some knowledge of it. And you don't. And that is really OK, once you're out of there. Oh how it will all melt away. So make sure there is not residual attachment caused by your own guilt or anger or anything.

What a nice update to read here. Well done!!

So glad to hear this update! I know when I had a specific date I was able to breathe a bit again.

It is so good to have family willing to help. :)

• Author

Thanks guys I so appreciate the support. I hope by him not responding to my text doesn't mean his is pissed. I mean why would he be this is what he wanted right? I just don't want the next 3 weeks to be hell. Guess I will find out soon enough when he returns tonight.