do you want to know if friends encounter your STBX?

DH & I went out for a drink after dinner last night. We walked into a bar & saw my friend's STBX. I had just heard a few days ago that they are splitting because he cheated & broke her arm. It's a big mess.

Anyway I immediately sent her a text telling her he was there. There is a restraining order in place & I knew she was going out with a friend so I didn't want her to walk into a confrontation.

She asked me Qs about who he was with. It wasn't his new GF. She was also furious because he was supposed to have their kids but instead the kids were no where to be seen & he was in the bar.

Did I do the right thing?

Candidly, part of me wanted to "get" him for physically hurting her.

Under normal circumstances, I'd mention it next time I saw the friend rather than supplying real time updates. Your situation has some different aspects...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

I agree with Lucky. I think it was good of you to tell her, especially considering he was supposed to watch the kids.

Under normal circumstances, I'd probably watch the person for 2 minutes, and then make jokes and ridicule him/her the next time I meet with BS.