When the dust settles...

Shocked Suzie

When the dust settles what do you see....

Around the 18 month mark now... How far I have come... How "most of the time" I'm grasping this experience with both hands

. I see the faults in our relationship

. I see the real person I was married to

. I see my new chapter in life

. I see my faults

. I see my strengths

. I wonder where I will be this time next year

. I wonder what my purpose is

. I wonder what direction I should take

. I wonder how I will love again

. I wonder if I will trust again

. I wonder how to love myself

. Wonder when I should allow myself to date again... Wonder when I'll be ready

I'm happy that at this moment I am single and have given myself the time, space to work through these thoughts and questions...inside I feel this is needed....

It's a love hate thing this separation process....

Most days I feel growth, happiness and balance

Some days I feel lost, lonely and confused

Couple of things happened over the past few days which made me look inside of me (rather than just focusing on day by day) which is what I've been doing....It hit home I need to still dig inside... Not sure I wanna go there, but feel it's needed to come out the other side.

Gotta a good male friend who's wife has just left him ... Same situation as mine, he had no idea... Loved his wife deeply. It's opened up old wounds but feel ok enough to help support a friend in need.... Just has made me think that's all

I dunno, Just thinking out load, just wanted to write it down

Suppose I'm thinking if I'll ever fully get over this... Really never thought too much about anything before all this, just enjoyed life.... Now all seems a bit serious lol :D:rolleyes:

Thought I was due an off load :D

SS x

• Like 4

Thought I was due an off load :D

SS x

You are, well deserved and well written. I remember your rather frantic posts when you first started here :eek: .

Here's hoping you make as much progress in the next 18 months as you've made in the last!

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
  • Author
Shocked Suzie

Thanks x ....yes hope I never experience that time again any time soon

Gym time I think ;)

SS x

• Author
Shocked Suzie

Re reading this today Im happy to see that my thought process is on myself rather than the ex. So I'm pretty happy with this :)

Feeling better today, it's amazing what the gym can do!

Bringing it back to the here n now ... The day to day coping. What needs to be looked at within will happen in my day to day growth and gotta remind myself to stop overthinking (again)

All good :) ... Needed the off load x

Honey, I always try to remind myself how much worse it could have been. That helps me. You are doing great! Sorry I've a ghost. There is a good reason. Yas

• Like 1
  • Author
Shocked Suzie

Yes I do too, I also look at some of my friends relationships and see how fortunate I am. I think I just slip sometimes and focus too much on the heaviness of stuff.... And really when you sit back, stop stressing n live in the now it's not all that bad... The brain is a complex thing, just have to stop it every now n then.

With work, kids, trying to get fit and paint... It's all too structured need some fun

Something I seriously need to look at

SS x hope you are well Yas :)