Life change?

Hello.

I'm relatively new here, and going through a bit of a tough time. My life with my husband is ending, and I don't know what to do next. We own a home together that needs quite a bit of work. In all likelihood, we will be in a short sale situation here. Neither of us can afford to keep the house alone. Here is where I need advice. Leaving my home is sad, but necessary. I have a job, that pays ok, in the city. I grew up in a suburb about 20 miles away. I have no children, but a few pets. I have living parents, and a few other family members i see relatively frequently. So here are the parts where I need advice.

Should I keep my job, and find an apartment in my city?

Should I move back to my hometown area, and either keep my job, or find a similar job there? (Rent or buy)

Or should I leave it all behind and relocate, and, if so, where do I go?

I am so torn on what to do, I could just use some outside advice.

Thanks, all!

I cannot see any reasons for you to leave ypur city or your job. If you like your job and place where you live you can stay there. You can change everything at any moment, but the main question - do you want it?

I am so torn on what to do, I could just use some outside advice.

Thanks, all!

I would also advise maintaining the status quo for the simple reason that "divorce mode" isn't the best state of mind for decision making.

You might find it easier to face one challenge at a time. Get your divorce moving towards resolution. Then figure out the fate of your house. And finally, your job and locality.

Tough to address so many life-alerting situations at once. Good luck and keep posting...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
Shocked Suzie

Same as what others have said, deal with one thing at a time... Although at the time of my split I loathed my job, it ended up being my rock due to it's stability and familularity

Maybe do a 6 month rent after sale and see how you feel... Separation opens a bag of stress and emotions... Sit tight for a while I recon

SS x

Edited by Shocked Suzie