You Know You Are Over Your Ex When...

theothersully

I found a key moment that confirms you are over your ex. Found it a few months back.

You are definitely over your ex when you feel upset/sad a new person you are dating isn't working out.

• Like 1

When you see them for the 1st time in 7+ months of NC, you feel nothing and they're upset/mad at you.

I saw my ex at the start of the year at her parents house and I felt, did and said nothing. She looked like a deer in the headlights, left the house and had a row with her parents about me being there.

When you spend an awesome vacation week with buddies (after ~3 - 6 months NC) in a mostly sober state of mind and when driving home you're all like "I feel like I've forgotten something at home... the laundry? The garbage? Hmmm..." ;)

...When you're driving past a collision between a bike and a pedestrian - your ex - and you immediately think, "poor bike!"

• Like 2

Tara, that doesn't sound very 'over your ex' haha

Well for me it was marked by finding some of her art in the house and I just chucked it in the bin and didn't feel anything. Another thing I thought I'd mark it with is when I started being genuinely interested in someone else.

2.50 a gallon

My marriage was attacked by a small army of co-worker OM's, many of whom were married. I saw my road back to normalcy through sex, but soon found that I was unable to perform if my partner was single.

An opportunity came up with one of the wives of the OM's and I was able to function above my normal standards. This led me to go after more of the OM's wives.

There were two parts in getting over my Ex. The first came when I was once again able to have sex with a single woman once again. And then years later, when I was once again able to fall in love

You Know You Are Over Your Ex When...

... you are in a great beach with friends and you are looking at an amazing sunset and then suddenly you pick up a rock and throw it into the sea and think "I'm over you!!!! Goodbye!!!".

(yes it's a real story, this is how it happened to me)

There was a point in our marriage when I suspected that my ex had cheated on me. I knew it was over right then and there because my next thought was, who cares? He can have her.

• Like 1

What a fun thread!

• When you want him to get back with his girlfriend so he will leave you alone.
  • When you have forgiven him and don't wish him any ill will at all - not one single iota.
  • When you have moved on with your life and realize that what he did to you has ended up being the biggest favor he could ever have done for you.

Life is good!

• Like 2

When you take your daughter to a father-daughter dance at her school and hang out with your XW's soon-to-be husband who is there with his daughters and have a good time.

• Like 1
When you take your daughter to a father-daughter dance at her school and hang out with your XW's soon-to-be husband who is there with his daughters and have a good time.

Yea, that's a higher level of "over", lol.

• Like 1

I don't think that I can do that no matter how "over" someone I am. I wouldn't even do that with a crush.

You got heart :)

• Like 1
I don't think that I can do that no matter how "over" someone I am. I wouldn't even do that with a crush.

You got heart :)

I don't know. He's a good guy, and he's a guy that my kids spend a lot of time around, so I don't really sweat he and my x being together. I have a good life, and she should be able to have a good life as well. At the end of the day, we just weren't right for each other, but that fact shouldn't result in any sort of purgatory for either person. Nobody died, life goes on, and you just move forward.

Her guy is likable. As long as he's good to my kids, then I have no reason to not like him. As far as him/her....don't care. No longer my problem to worry about.

Now, the funny thing....if my XW ever saw me with another woman, that would be a whole other story. She might be able to feign not being mad (although I doubt it), but she would never 'hang out'.

Knowing that, and knowing that my kids have enough confusion in their lives right now with the new guy and his kids, anything I have going on with any other woman is kept to myself. I don't want my kids to have to think about it, and I don't need to rub it in my X's face either.