My wife has left me

This is the first time that I have done this but I do not know anywhere also to turn.

This past May I came home from a business trip and my wife let me know that she was moving out. We have been married 13 years and this really floored me. I have been in therapy for the past year concerning a bad childhood. This was agreed upon by both of us. You see I have lied a lot about my past (before we were married) about my family and growing up.

Well, she thought after a few months that this was not working and decided to leave to work things out. We are both getting therapy hers is about trust, she has been married 4 times and has issues with trust. We have just recently seen a marriage counselor her's and mine, to see if we cant work things out. She was very much against this but finally decided to go along. Well this did not go well, my therapist and her did not get along and she ended the session saying that there was no way this was going to work. She said when asked if she loved me, my wife said not in love with me (that hurt). The therapist said that she did not have any compassion for me or our marriage and had a lot of anger built up.

The other problem is that my wife and I work together and we are both senior professionals in our company which dosent make this work any better. She now has informed me that she wants me to help her buy her own place to live. She says it is stupid for her to pay rent and that we can always turn this into a rental later. Well that is the the part I don't get and I am having a hard time with. She says that she needs to think things out and that she feels that she is in middle of a storm and she cant pick up the pieces until the storm passes. Well am I being set up?

My wife is everything to me and I love her more than life it self. I feel that I have no control and that I am just waiting for her to come around. She says that I have not changed, however I have but she dosent see it and I know she may never see it. My family says that there is something else going on but I cant see it and all she cares about is the financial security she has if we stay together without devorce I am hurt and confused.

pitprincess

I am sorry for what your going through..

May I ask why did her other marriages not work out ? Were all the marriages delt with trust issues?

soccorsilly

Sounds like you are being set up to me. She does not have a good track record with marraige, nor you with trust. There are a LOT of issues to be resolved if this is to ever work out.

I would not buy her a place. Let her figure out how to do it on her own.