Wife Refuses To Leave!

Our marriage (3 years on wednesday) has fallen apart to the point of no return. I do love her but have no feelings of wanting to be with her anymore. Selfishness, laziness, immaturity, and her being aloof have all added up and Im ready to go.

She wont leave and I cant afford a divorce (we're broke, she dont work) How can I get a legal seperation or the such?

ready2moveon26

You need to talk to her and find out what she is thinking and why. Do you have children?

If she won't leave, maybe that's her way of showing you that she doesn't want to give up on the relationship. Maybe you can work a little harder and tell her how you feel. Maybe your marriage isn't ruined yet. Good luck.

• Author

QUOTE]Originally posted by honey2005

If she won't leave, maybe that's her way of showing you that she doesn't want to give up on the relationship. Maybe you can work a little harder and tell her how you feel. Maybe your marriage isn't ruined yet. Good luck.

U would think she cares from the sound of it. She NEVER wants to talk about anything at all. Just hopes issues dissappear! It drives me nuts (OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM, IS NO COMMUNICATION) I constantly attempt to talk things thru. She walks away from me or hides in the closet in our bedroom

She hides in the closet of the bedroom? Has your wife been abused/raped? I've heard that some women who have been abused or raped hide in closets. That might also be why she is shutting herself off. I strongly recommend counselling.

Hi, I am sort of in the same boat as you. My H and I have been having problems for about the past year or so. He has alot of addictions that he will not go get help for. I know I can not make him get the help, he has to want to on his own. I have been going for about the whole time all the problems started happening. The other night I had had it and told him I thought he should leave to try to figure out what he really wanted. He hasn't yet, and I don't think he will. Yes I think he wants things to work out, but his actions and the things he does sometimes speak differently.

I told him I didn't want to go the legal route but that I would if need be. I think we need time apart. However, he is the sole provider for the family and I don't work. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids. He told me before "if anybody is gonna leave it will be you". I personally don't think thats fair to up root my kids from their home, rooms toys, etc. I think he should leave since he is the one that wont get help and continues to do what he wants. He has a place to go, I do not. After I told him I thought he should leave, he acts as if everything is fine. Which is usually what he does until it resurfaces again and then the cycle starts all over. Not sure what to do either. Hope things work out for you.

• 2 months later...
  • Author

Well months later and I still dont want to be with her, she still wont talk about anything, wont go to ounselling and wont leave. I rent my parents 1st floor apt, so I cant just leave her there and srew them out of rent...

HELP--- :(