After Divorce,staying nights with spouse,etc..

Anyone who has gone through with the divorce but is interacting strongly with Spouse? If so, do you think this is a positive sign of reconcilation? Pls comment...I would like to hear others stories...

" :love: Divorced by still in Love with Husband"

Hi,

My husband just left about 3 weeks ago and says that he wants a divorce, that he doesn't want to be married anymore. He just spent this past weekend at the house w/ me and our daughter. I don't want to get my hopes up either but can't help thinking this is a good thing. A part of me wants to stay away because if this is for good, I need to move on. But the only thing I want is for us to get back together. I love him w/ all my heart.

I really don't have an answer for you but if you want to talk, feel free to reply.

I left my husband about a month ago... it's been so hard, I moved across country from him, but we talk everyday and we've decided not to divorce, but remain separated for awhile. I'm goin g to visit him in August, then he will visit me... thats the plan. I don't know if this is a good idea, but it's what feels right. My husband is young and immature and full of himself and I think he really needs to learn that I don't need him, I'm there because I love him, but not because I need him. I can make it on my own and I think once I prove that he will respect me more and maybe we will be happy later on down the line.

He is leaving to Iraq in November and won't be back until 11/2005. When he gets back, we're going to try and make a go of it on my terms. One of our issues had been where we lived. He promised me San Francisco, but we never moved from Sacramento and I hated it there. So hopefully this arrangment will work out since he'll be rejoining me wherever I am at that time. I hope I am doing the right thing.

• Author

Thanks for the comments...

Milla, I really think that you and your Husband should get back together now!! Just a word of advice, since you both obviously still want your marriage and being that he is leaving in November for Iraq, you guys should spend all the time you have building...marriage is a very hard relationship and even though you don't want to be in the city that you are, that is really a very minor problem...believe me, it could be way more serious...do not leave doors open for someone else to walk into your marriage...If you can be together, do it now and look at the positive side of the relationship....

Hevn, I completely understand what you are feeling, but it sounds like their is still hope in your marriage..

There is still hope definitely, but you don't understand how my husband is about money. I literally can't go back now because I've spent about 4 thousand dollars setting myself up out here. I can't get that money back and he will never let me live it down. I'm going to try to buy an apartment out here. If I have my own place and I'm financially stable, I can go back to him with my head held high. If I went back right now, I'd be walking into a situation where he would think even less of me because I couldn't make it on my own... even though I'd be coming back because I loved him, he would take it as a power thing and never let me forget about the money I "wasted"...

So, you see I can't go back. It has to be like this or nothing at all :(

• Author

Milla, after thoroughly reading your post...I see your point!!! Maybe if he see you moving on without him, it will make him see what he is really losing...let's hope he sees that before it is too late!!!