up until what age do you have to worry about false sex abuse allegations?

jacobstein1960

My ex has sole legal and physical custody. I have supervised visitation.

I am actually afraid to have unsupervised because I know that my wife in the past has been able to bribe or threaten the children into lying. They are age 7 to 11.

So until about what age do you have to worry about false sex abuse allegations? I am thinking maybe 14?

You can protect yourself by taping your visitations (if they are short enough). Then she will have accusations and you will have proof. I am talking about a nanny cam of some sort.

• Author
jacobstein1960

Good idea. I'm also planning on hiring two adults to chaperone us, so if one needs the bathroom, the other will still be watching me.

So until about what age do you have to worry about false sex abuse allegations? I am thinking maybe 14?

In your situation, apparently, until they are legal adults in your jurisdiction. 'Sex abuse' can occur at any age. Child molestation can occur until the child is a legal adult. Given the children's current ages and the amount of indoctrination they are receiving from your ex, I'd recommend playing it safe.

My sympathies.

• Author
jacobstein1960

Don't parents like my ex realize how stupid they are being? How someday this child is going to be 20 and she'll look back and realize "What did you do to my life?"

Legally, they would have to be 18 (according to California law) before this would not be an issue. The age may differ slightly in other states or countries. If there is a risk of false allegations, you would be wise to always have a companion around when you have your visitation who can vouch for what went on in the visits.

• Author
jacobstein1960

What I'm wondering isn't there an age when it's really unlikely that a child who loves his father can be forced or bribed by a custodial mom to say in court "He molested me"?

Theoretically, there is really never a cut off. A child who is 30 could go to the police and claim "When I was 12 my father raped me."

If you have any concerns about a possible false allegation, either now or in the future, then have a friend or acquaintance present during your visits until you feel the threat of false allegations is no longer there, or until she is 18. I doubt an adult child is going to make false allegations about prior sexual abuse against a father that she loves, or be manipulated to do so. If you feel this is a possibility, then have a friend or acquaintance monitor your visits until you feel this is no longer a possibility, or until she reaches 18.