LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

My husband keeps bringing up his ex-wife.

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Old 3rd May 2004, 4:07 PM   #1

Post My husband keeps bringing up his ex-wife.

My husband was married for 7 years before his wife cheated on him, left him for the other man & they were divorced.

We have been married for a little over a year and we have been together for almost 4 years.

The problem is this. He keeps bringing her name up in conversation. No matter what we'll be talking about, he'll say "Well W did this" or whatever. It's really hurting my feeling because I wonder how long it's going to take before he quits relating things to her & quits bringing it up.

I've talked to him about it & he says that it's no big deal, that he doesn't do it on purpose.

Any of you that are divorced, I'd appreciate some imput.
GOLDIE_LOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2004, 4:28 PM   #2
Established Member

First things first, tell him that it's hurting you if it is. If it's inappropriate talk, he does need to stop. Second, realize that this is his past. This may be 'all that he knows'. What I mean by this is...with my ex-husband, we were together for 7 years. With my current bf am I supposed to never speak of him? He was my past 7 years and I knew nothing BUT him. How do you not talk about that? What else could I talk about??!! That's unrealistic - in that context. Like I said, inappropriate things are a different story. If that line is crossed, you'll know. Just tell him how you feel, he may genuinely not know that it hurts you.

Peace, love and tie~dye...I'm out yo!
tiki is offline   Reply With Quote