my husband confesses to currently having an affair

My husband admitted to cheating (it only took him 3 years to confess). The news devistated me and transformed my love for him. I retaliated and cheated as well. This was 8 months ago. Our marriage has spiraled out of control. 3 months ago he admitted to having an affair with a co-worker. I want a divorce & to move me & our 3 boys back to NY (currently living in NC). He has always been the bread winner and I a stay at home Mom for the past 8 years. He had recently cut up my visa card and doesn't allow me access to "his" income (he makes real good money). He won't help me get home. He doesn't come home from work very often & is completely neglecting our children. If he does show up here, he spends his time drinking out in the truck and talking on his pone. He tells me "I" made him this way. I refuse to believe that. Everyone makes their own choices in life. I am basically waiting for tax money to get me outta here. I have no choice but to be patient & be a good mother during this difficult time. Last night he told me that him & "Ann" are planning a Valentines Day get away together. I feel like doormat & I just want to go home. I pray for strenth every single day. I can't afford a lawer. What should I do??

So sorry for you and your kids.I live in NC as well,it is a mom-friendly state in the court system.You shouldn't just leave the house or the money...he makes good money!!When the judge gets involved in this thing,money will not be a problem for you and the kids.

Having said that, there are really more questions to be answered before anyone here can accurately answer your question "What should I do"?Do you own your home?

Is there abuse or is there a possibility of abuse?There are many state and county orgs here to assist you and the kids but they will only become involved under certain conditions.I say this because it may be better to establish your case where you have lived the whole time.Maybe not.

What does your husband want to do?Does he just want to date other women and pretend you don't notice?Is he crazy?

I think you should take the time to get it all out here in the posts,then some here (much wiser than myself) will be able to assist you in your possible choices.

I hope and pray that all ends well for you and your family.It happens to many of us at one time or another.

Good luck

REVITUP

Edited by revitup
Mistaken reading
I can't afford a lawer. What should I do??

Take your last year's tax return and go see a lawyer. They know how to follow the money and can help you access your half of the marital assets. Your H only has power over you as long as you do nothing...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1