LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

I have lost attraction and passion towards my husband....

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Old 14th July 2012, 9:22 PM   #1

I have lost attraction and passion towards my husband....

My husband is verbally abusive and hasnt made sexual advances towards me in a long time. He has erection issues and is unwilling to go to the doctor and is unwilling to see a counselor to help us.....all of this is ultimately what led me to an affair. You can read all about what happened in my other thread. The other man and myself are no longer seeing each other and I am separated from my husband.

Is it possible for my attraction for him to return? Right now I cant imagine us having sex. I cant really think of kissing him. Im not sure if its because of all the harsh words spoken to me (He has threatened my life) or because of some other reason. Im just not sure what it is.

Has passion / attraction returned to your relationship when you thought it wouldnt?

Just wondering if its time to give up totally or keep asking him to go to counseling. If I cant get my sexual desire back towards him I may as well not go through the counseling with him even if he agreed to go.

Thanks
PAWPAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 9:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWPAW View Post
My husband is verbally abusive and hasnt made sexual advances towards me in a long time. He has erection issues and is unwilling to go to the doctor and is unwilling to see a counselor to help us.....all of this is ultimately what led me to an affair. You can read all about what happened in my other thread. The other man and myself are no longer seeing each other and I am separated from my husband.

Is it possible for my attraction for him to return? Right now I cant imagine us having sex. I cant really think of kissing him. Im not sure if its because of all the harsh words spoken to me (He has threatened my life) or because of some other reason. Im just not sure what it is.

Has passion / attraction returned to your relationship when you thought it wouldnt?

Just wondering if its time to give up totally or keep asking him to go to counseling. If I cant get my sexual desire back towards him I may as well not go through the counseling with him even if he agreed to go.

Thanks

Time to give up and move on.
bentnotbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 10:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWPAW View Post
My husband is verbally abusive and hasnt made sexual advances towards me in a long time.
Maybe he's had/having his own affair.
Alice2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Established Member

If he has threatened your life, please DO NOT go back to him. What kind of a man would hurt you if he really loves you??

Be strong, move on. You deserve much better than both of them. It's high time to find a better man.

Good luck!
Snakechammah is offline   Reply With Quote