still reliant on seperated husband

tryinghard2012

been seperated for 4 months. he's having a sexual relationship with some1 else. im devastated. we have 3 kids together. he bought a house! and im loving in a 2 bedroom apt. i make about 30,000 a year. i know i need time and space away from him to heal but its so hard when children are involved. we dont fight or yell at each other i just feel intense sadness when i physically see him if only a glance. im still so reliant on him financially and with him taking the kids more so i do have time to myself. how do i get past feeling so sad when i look at him. when i do i see the good guy who loved me then i feel sad cuz i cant explain why he would do what he's doing.

january2011

Usually, with time, comes acceptance. Would you really want him back after all that he's done? I think you need to focus on yourself and your children now. Save what money you can and look for ways to earn more without taking too much time away from your children. Once you take back some of the financial control, you won't feel so reliant on him anywmore.

worldgonewrong
been seperated for 4 months. he's having a sexual relationship with some1 else. im devastated. we have 3 kids together. he bought a house! and im loving in a 2 bedroom apt. i make about 30,000 a year. i know i need time and space away from him to heal but its so hard when children are involved. we dont fight or yell at each other i just feel intense sadness when i physically see him if only a glance. im still so reliant on him financially and with him taking the kids more so i do have time to myself. how do i get past feeling so sad when i look at him. when i do i see the good guy who loved me then i feel sad cuz i cant explain why he would do what he's doing.

Just so I have some background on the marriage-

who initiated the separation?

did he initiate the sexual relationship with someone else after the separation?

Just asking because, if you gave him the broom, you can't really complain about being devastated.

If he bailed on you, then of course, you have every right.

• Author
tryinghard2012

he told me the day before x-mas eve that after the holidays he is moving out & buying a house! he said they didnt have sex while we still lived together that it was only an emotional relationship but right before he moved out i heard him talking to her on the phone about having sex & talking to his friend about her & sex