To cruise or not cruise together now

My wife and are are separated now, but we paid $8,000 for a very nice cruise for us and the kids. We are still pretty civil. She hasn't said anything about the cruise though. The kids are looking forward to it. We also have several other family members and friends going with us.

The room we have has two bedrooms. I don't really think it would be an issue if I slept in the other bedroom. We did something like this on another trip where we shared a hotel room, we each had a bed and a child. We weren't legally separated at that time though (just physically).

Now everyone knows. At the same time, people complement us on how well we get along (no bitterness that is). I just hate to ruin everyones plans and after already shelling out $8k I don't want to shell out more (package deal - upgrades+, VIP accommodations etc).

I just want to bring it up soon (about 4 months away) with her and then everyone else.

Does the idea of still going and sleeping in the other room sound goofy or reasonable?

If it's not goofy or unreasonable to you and your estranged wife, then it's not. What other people think is irrelevant. I would suggest talking about it with her now, so alternative plans can be made if appropriate. It's entirely feasible for one parent and the children to go, as an example. Or, check into penalties for cancellation. Lots of options.