Wife just left me what do I do?

My wife just left me, but I know what you guys are going to say is to move on but its hard. We have been together for over 13 years and married for 4 years. We also have 2 wounderful kids. I know counseling will probally be an option but a my good friend mentioned we or I should go back to church. Any suggestions?

ArdeaCandidissima

We need to know more to help. For instance:

1. Any pre-existing problems that you were aware of?

2. Did you feel that both you and she were happy in the marriage?

3. Any other men/other women involved (confirmed or suspected)?

4. Did anything trigger her leaving?

5. What did your wife say when leaving?

6. How long has she been gone?

7. Have you talked since she left?

8. Where are the kids?

I wouldn't say "move on" unless I heard something that made me think this was a lost cause. A marriage with young kids at home is worth saving, if there is a reasonable chance.

counselling is your best bet, because in that controlled environment, the two of you (if she's willing to go) will have an opportunity to look at the dynamics of your relationship and be given tools to address the problems. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll end up staying together, but you WILL be stronger simply because you (singular or plural) have invested that time in that relationship.

going to church is also good, but not if you're expecting it to completely solve your problems. Rather, you're in a community that can be very supportive as you go through life's trials and tribulations.