End of the Rope

feelingunloved

I just really need some out there who are going through what I am going through. My husband and I were married a year and a half ago, he was deployed for the first year... so we've been living together for about 4 1/2 months so far. And it has been hell! He has changed so much, he is very verbally and emotionally abusive to me, yells at my child all the time for stuff she does, doesnt ever want to talk to me. Constantly tells me that he hates me, I annoy him, and that even just hearing the sound of my voice annoys him. He tells me to get out of his house, wont let me spend a dime without consulting him, and usually when I do consult with him, he says no. The house is never clean enough, he's constantly grilling me about what did i do sit on my butt all day? Then will tell me to stay and he loves me and wants counseling, and then repeat in two days. He never talks to me, and only givees me any attention at all when he wants sex, then just turns over after and ignores me again. I dont know how to cope with all of this. I cant handle being cursed at all the time and in front of my children. My two year old daughter told me to shut the f**k up the other day because she has heard him say it so much. I'm so torn and so heartbroken, I just need some advice or kind words of encouragement, or just to know someone else has been there.

Little Red Hen

Does the military offer counseling? Or a support group? I was married to a guy who was in the army. We divorced because he became an ---hole. But unlike your husband, my ex had never been deployed. Could your husband have PTSD? Can you talk to other wives, or even one of his commanding officers?