child support question

I have a question about an agreed child support. My divorce was an agreed one and I have done the work sheet and I have to pay 54.00 a week. Since this was agreed can I just pay this to my son or do I have to have it taken out of my check as a wage deduction? If I dont pay can he go to the child support office and show them the papers of our agreed divorce and get the support plus any back money I owe?

VASH THE STAMPEDE

No matter what you choose ,whether is payroll deduction or pay direct(By check).

They can take you in for any missed payment because you agreed to it,but I really suggest you talk to your lawyer on this.

No, you cannot give it directly to your son. It has to go through the proper channels or it doesn't count, in the eyes of the law. The details of how the payment is made, etc., depends on where you live. Every state is different. Like Vash said, you need to talk to an attorney to find out how it works where you live. They know the child supports laws, we don't.

I'd save your money and go to the Child Support Enforcement office in your city, or the website for your state. They can tell you everything you need to know. You can pay your ex directly, as long as you get reciepts to show you've paid, you'll have no problems.