Military Wife for 15 years, he had an affair wants divorce...now what?

After over 15 years of marriage my husband has left our marriage and is involved with someone else. I can't say I am completely surprised he hasn't been "checked in" for a good while. We are military and after returning home from his last deployment things have been off. More and more prescription meds show up in my mail box from the VA every month as he grew more and more distant. I work 2 jobs and try to hold every thing together and could not understand his new desire to sit in his recliner and draw a check that is just not the man I knew. Then about a month ago he pulls up in the drive way says I'm leaving I need my medication. After he left I found out he was involved with another woman and had been for a couple of months. So as u can imagine I am grasping for a way to cope with this. Being a "glass half full" kinda gal I am putting on a smile and going forward but sometimes its just all a little too much. I am so lucky to be surrounded by wonderful ppl and have a lot of support. But was wondering if I might find some ppl that have been in my shoes and could help me find my way.

I'm a man and when my life goes to sht I often feel like dumping who ever I'm with. You describe your husband as a man who's life has beeing going bad and who has lost himself and now you.

15 years is a long time and I'm sure there were happy times and times where you were both there for eachother. Sorry it had to end like this but you seem like a tough women and many people have gone through bad situations like this and with time it heals them.

• Author

Thank you Green I am a very strong woman and am use to being on my own due to deployments. I tend to be a workaholic and I am trying to cut back on that and enjoy life. I don't want to be alone forever. I do however know better people have overcome worse than this so I refuse to have a pity party! Thanks for you guidance.