Initially she wanted 6 months time out the first time apart, now she wants a divorce

ElvisPresley

Hi,

Two months ago, my wife all of a sudden said 'she is leaving me' after 25 years. I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. She gave me some hints eg. 'like we should go away for the weekend' but I didn't understand what it really meant and she never told me her true feelings how she felt about us or our marriage. Two days later she left.

I kept pushing her to come back and she finally went to a lawyer and applied for separation. She rang me and told me.

I then wrote her a letter saying 'Im letting you go, i'll miss you and always love you, your friend always.....'. On that same day she got the letter, she came back. All this time after she came back, she was saying that she was confused. She was doing things behind my back eg. she spent our money without telling me, phoning her boyfriend she met on the net and possibly chatting to other men online.

My wife wanted to do things alot more without me being around than ever before. My wife has been saying that she wants to do things for her self which is ok by me but its like shes leaving me out of her life.

Weve been arguing and fighting about alot of things since shes been back and finally came to a crunch after three weeks, she left again. She's been gone for a week and during this time I have done some research and realised I was insecured, emotionally distress in these last three weeks although im not blaming myself, she has done major damage mainly the boyfriend on the net. I dont know whether she had a psychical affair although 18 years ago when we parted for a little time she had a one night stand and she kept that secret for 18 years. I have never been with another women since weve been married.

Initially she wanted 6 months time out the first time apart, now she wants a divorce the second time apart. I have thought of fighting to get her back by just improving myself so that she can see that I have changed.

I love her still very much even though ive been approached by other women.

I have thought to wait one month for her to have a change of heart and if she does, we can date but we can't live together until we sort out all our problems. I feel if I kiss another women and go to bed with her, i would lose any respect and love I would have for my wife and the same goes for my wife, if she kissed another man and slept with him, it would be the end of us.

This only my thought but im open for suggestions, positive or negative.

If you require more information, please ask.

Elvis

• 5 weeks later...

You sound like a good man. There are good women out there. Some have been dumped exactly the way you have. It will be ok. We all get what we deserve.

And remember my favorite saying, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Good luck.