b-day greeting from EX

FeelingLonely98

So, this past Monday I got an email from the EX saying "Happy B-day - have a great day."

It felt great to trash it and NOT respond.

PEACE!

You Go Girl

He could have been going through the motions, feeling some obligation to send you that. Or it could have been sincere. Which do you think?

Anyway, happy belated birthday!

I say let sleeping dogs lie.

YGG, maybe in this sense it is best we don't ask her to go into that "what if" mindset of trying to figure out what her ex mean by their actions. It is a waste of time and energy. Just my opinion.

FL98- Congrats on indifference.

trippi1432
So, this past Monday I got an email from the EX saying "Happy B-day - have a great day."

PEACE!

Hey FL98 - Long time no see, hope other things are going better. Good for you!! I got a Happy Mother's Day from my ex...I stupidly said thanks. Now I am wondering if that "obligates" me to wish him a Happy Father's Day?

Oh, and FL - you will love this one....my DS asked me last month if he could have the pressure washer to give to his dad for his dad's birthday. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know those credit card commercials? Priceless.....!!! LOL! Um, the answer was NO! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW - Happy Belated Bday!

Edited by trippi1432
add
You Go Girl
I say let sleeping dogs lie.

YGG, maybe in this sense it is best we don't ask her to go into that "what if" mindset of trying to figure out what her ex mean by their actions. It is a waste of time and energy. Just my opinion.

FL98- Congrats on indifference.

Good point Mikey. Not knowing the story myself, and not wanting to dredge it back up either!

PEACE!

Hey FL, happy belated man! It's a pretty good feeling when you can do that and feel pretty much nothing right? Not spend much mental effort thinking "gee I wonder what she's up to..".. Man I haven't heard a thing from my ex in a year and a half and expect that outside of an accidental run in to never see or hear from her ever again.

Happy belated bro. Just got back from Costa Rica and man do I have some stories to tell. Gotta have a beer sometime soon.

Hope all is well with you. Good job with the ex's e-mail. No need to revisit that scene even for a birthday e-mail. Talk to you soon.

I would love to hear the updates for FL98 and Floridapad. Keep us posted.

I gather that both of you are doing well.

• Author
FeelingLonely98

FL98 - maybe this Wed. we can grab a brew?

Imagine - divorced 4 months ago. No regrets. Moving on with life. Haven't wanted to ask how the ex-W is doing (don't really care) - BUT I think she is still stuck living in a tiny room in her mom's cheap apt. She still doesn't have the means to get her own apt. I think she is still dating the teenage immigrant boy. Her son (ex(?) step-son) moved out a month ago. Consequently, now the House is clean and neat all the time. Light bills are like $65-70 / month. I'm making it just fine on one salary. My HS son just graduated with honors. Dating a nice girl for almost 5 months now. Going great - remembering Gunny's advice "no romance without finance"! :-)

I'm happy...

Trippi - great f'ing story!!

TY all for belated b-day wishes.

PEACE!

FL98,

Thanks. I missed the part of the step son leaving, although you mentioned that it was imminent.

Congrats for your son!

FL98 - maybe this Wed. we can grab a brew?

Imagine - divorced 4 months ago. No regrets. Moving on with life. Haven't wanted to ask how the ex-W is doing (don't really care) - BUT I think she is still stuck living in a tiny room in her mom's cheap apt. She still doesn't have the means to get her own apt. I think she is still dating the teenage immigrant boy. Her son (ex(?) step-son) moved out a month ago. Consequently, now the House is clean and neat all the time. Light bills are like $65-70 / month. I'm making it just fine on one salary. My HS son just graduated with honors. Dating a nice girl for almost 5 months now. Going great - remembering Gunny's advice "no romance without finance"! :-)

I'm happy...

Trippi - great f'ing story!!

TY all for belated b-day wishes.

PEACE!

Good to hear you are doing well. I'm probably planning another Florida holiday again around Thanksgiving/Xmas time....will have to see if we can all get together and compare war stories....

Take care!!

2.50 a gallon

FL98 aka Bandit

I just got back, missed your first post.

And now your second post, has me wondering if she finally might have started figuring our how screwed up her future years are going to be.

Maybe, she is starting to think about what she has thrown away and somehow deluded herself that by being nice that she can still use you as a fall back position

Keep your guard up

Gallon

• Author
FeelingLonely98
FL98 aka Bandit

I just got back, missed your first post.

And now your second post, has me wondering if she finally might have started figuring our how screwed up her future years are going to be.

Maybe, she is starting to think about what she has thrown away and somehow deluded herself that by being nice that she can still use you as a fall back position

Keep your guard up

Gallon

I like that --> "Bandit". I am quite fortunate and lucky, eh?

She'll never be able to use me in that regard ... Totally over her. She made her bed, right? I'm in eternal NC mode now. :cool:

(I can only post 9 more times after this - then I reach 1000!)

2.50 a gallon

FL98

I will miss you my friend.

Why not retire FL98 and start a new with a new usename?

Something along the line of bandit, though I checked the members list and bandit / bandit5 / bandits are the only ones taken

Gallon

LittleTiger
FL98

I will miss you my friend.

Why not retire FL98 and start a new with a new usename?

Something along the line of bandit, though I checked the members list and bandit / bandit5 / bandits are the only ones taken

Gallon

Great idea Gallon, that's what I did (ex LonelyTiger!) though I never got anywhere near 1000 posts!

Good to hear from you FL98 and great to hear things are going well for you.

Very belated 'Happy Birthday' from me! :D

• 1 month later...
  • Author
FeelingLonely98
Great idea Gallon, that's what I did (ex LonelyTiger!) though I never got anywhere near 1000 posts!

Good to hear from you FL98 and great to hear things are going well for you.

Very belated 'Happy Birthday' from me! :D

So the ex's b-day waS a few weeks ago. It came & went without any type of reciprocal greeting from me. Hope she had a great day - NOT! :-)

on a side note ... I still have access to her online bank statement - about a month ago I looked at it on a whim. Still hovering between 0 & 100 every 2 weeks when pay day comes around. AND the best part us that it looks like she is fully entrenched in living with her Mother as I saw that her checks now have mom's address. Guess she's not living happily ever after with the 18 YO boy???

PEACE!!

2.50 a gallon

FL98

Wanna bet the new BF didn't take her out to a fancy dinner on her b-day either!

Maybe pizza parlor with games, and she has to buy her own beer.

Reality is starting to set in, do you think?

Have you heard from FP?

Gallon