Separation

Lonely eagle

My wife and myself stayed in separate countries due to work commitment. I started to feel she distanced from me since Nov last yr. After we last met in Feb this yr, she said she needs to sort out her emotion problem and needs space and time. Out of the blue she told me in June that she decided to go for separation. She quoted character differences but during one of the conversation recently, she said she is deeply wounded but I am not the person who hurt her.

I brought her to meet a christian counsellor recently and initially she agreed to stay with me (in separate room) and attend counselling but changed her mind the same nite. She said she feels fear towards me and doesn't love me anymore. Currently we only have 1 way communication - she is the one who dictate when and how. Everytime i contacted her, she will say she needs space to be alone.

I still love her very much. But she is not even willing to try to reconcile. She keeps telling me dun put any hope and expect any future with her. At the same time she wants me to show unconditional love to her & calling oversea to listen to her when she is moody.

I feel lonely and hurt. I am struggling with those feeling alone. I really hope that she will come back and attend counselling with me (she already finished her project as a freelance). Pls advise.

When a woman tells you it's done, to give up hope, and she wants out...let her go and move on. If you really love her, you'll set her free.

Long distance relationships are very dangerous for this very reason. People can change a lot in the absense of each other. When a woman has made up her mind, it just time to make changes in your life. If you become overbearing and try to force the issue, she will resist even more and become very resentful and bitter.

Get away from her as soon as possible, grieve your loss, and get a new life going for yourself. Don't marry anybody you have to be a distance from for long periods of time.