I have 2 kids boyfriends has no kids

I just want to ask everyone’s advise, I have been seeing this guy for * months and he was engaged he broke if off because he felt like he was not in love with her anymore, he was dating her since he was 17 and he is now 28 she was perfect to his family very well educated, no kids, never been married his backgound, I met him we had an insinant connection... Now I have a 6 and 4 year old my ex and I have joint custody but they stay at the home with my ex because I did not want to have them suffer anymore than they did with losing mom and dad being together... Now this guy I am dating comes from a VERY spoiled background with money and all the other stuff to come with that, but he is very down to earth... he is about to tell his mom he is Dating a divorced woman who has 2 children... this will be a bombshell as this family has an image to keep up with and their son is their whole world.... From what I sense this will be actually an embarrassing time for his family, he is willing to allow them to be mad and angry... But I just don’t want to become the problem of his and his parents relationship... I love him to death I often wonder if I should be dating him, I have talked about wanting more kids and I would even get married again. I just need to know how to support him when he drops the bombshell about dating me and how should I handle all the negative that I know will be coming my way from his family... Do you think his or any family can actually dis own him for this... Am I being selfish and should let him go and find happiness with someone with out the package that comes with me..

[sIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] thanks everyone hope you all having a fantastic Tuesday:)[/FONT][/sIZE]

There really isn't anything you can do to help him. His parents are going to react badly to situation. They will probably wonder how you can be without your kids and may use that against you. I think you are going to have thick skin if you want to be with this guy.

• Author

I totally agree with you !! 100%, The truth behind the whole kids thing is I was a stay at home mom for 6 years and I was the one that decided to leave... I have been going back to school to get an eduation and I am also working, I have the kids at my place 3 days a week and we split the weekends so it is not that bad.... plus they have a great caregiver at home whom I adore and they enjoy being in both places... His family are going to judge me forsure.. thank you now how do I grow that thick skin lol...

I think as long as you two make one another happy, go for it. I know that its hard to do, but if like/love him and he feels the same then his family should respect how he feels. If they love him, they won't disown him for who he is dating, because families love should be unconditional and shouldn't be swayed by who he dates. Some people will talk and have their oppinions but screw em ;). When they meet you and learn of your wonderful personality, they will fall for you too, and please don't harp on how perfect his ex was, there is a reason for her new title. Just be yourself and put your best foot forward when you meet them, and don't overstress it.