Does the Tiger Woods Drama drudge up old memories?

Sands_of_time

I'm not sure what it is about the Tiger Woods story. It seems to drudge up old memories (being in a similar situation) for one reason or another. Maybe it is empathy for the BS? Disgust and contempt for the WS?

Knowing what pain the BS goes through, I can only imagine that the intensity of the situation is 1000 fold because it is being played over a loud speaker for all the world to hear. I can't imagine the devastation for his wife and to an extent, to him. I don't condone his behavior by any means, but I bet he has a severe belly ache to say the least.

Does this story hit home for anyone else for one reason or another?

The story just makes me have contempt and experience disgust, for Tiger Woods. All my sympathies reside with his wife.

I'm also curious if she used a driver, iron, wedge or putter. My guess would be either a driver or iron. I wonder who caddied for her?

• Author
Sands_of_time

Thanks Nob, Three and Heart...

To all: Do you feel you have any sort of remorse for him? He’s human, afterall. Right? If there is no remorse, does it seem that for some reason we lack complete compassion for this cheating behavior that so many people seem to do?

soheartbroken

You mean do we sympathize with him?

I dunno. I don't think I could sympathize with any cheater. Then again, perhaps they don't know the devastation that ensues for the one they cheat on. Maybe a 16 year old I could forgive for being stupid and young.

I find it hard to feel sorry for a guy of his age though, who has all sorts of resources at his disposal. He could have all the therapy/counseling in the world. He didn't have to do this.

realworldexplorer

I have incredible empathy and sympathy for his wife. Must be incredibly painfull while being a new wife and mother. Not to mention the whole fishbowl effect. I doubt he will be able to salvage that mess, what an effing hypocrite he is. He is forever diminished.

• Author
Sands_of_time

I mean…it seems we have very little compassion for people who make this type of mistake. I find myself projecting my own anger onto him for what he did to his wife and family (it’s on anyone who cheats on their spouse—not just Tiger). That son of a b*tch didn’t know how much pain he was going to cause. And the alleged $5 Million dollars he is supposed to transfer to her sole individual account after they amended the pre-nup means squat. In 10 years that money might mean something after the pain subsides, but it will never heal the scar from an affair.

Beyond the need to turn the other cheek, referenced in Christian religion, why should we have compassion?

Tiger effed up. Now it's time to fix that, in a way that helps his wife recover from her trauma. If there's any forgiveness necessary, this will be something his wife should be doing, if only for her personal sanity, whether she stays or goes.