How long after final divorce trial do you obtain divorce decree???

Motherofthree

Please give me input!!!!

I have an attorney but since it is after hours i need help. All i would like to know is; my final trial is next week for my divorce and custody battle. How long does it take to have the divorce decree in my hands?

Expecting any appeals?

Since you wrote 'battle', I'm assuming a contentious divorce. IME, even if the judge signs the order at trial, it takes a couple of weeks for it to be entered and recorded and official proof provided to each party. I live in California, so Florida may be different.

I assume settling pre-trial is out of the question. Lots of divorces are settled in the hallway outside of court. Nothing wrong with that :)

Expecting any appeals?

Since you wrote 'battle', I'm assuming a contentious divorce. IME, even if the judge signs the order at trial, it takes a couple of weeks for it to be entered and recorded and official proof provided to each party. I live in California, so Florida may be different.

I assume settling pre-trial is out of the question. Lots of divorces are settled in the hallway outside of court. Nothing wrong with that :)

no there isn't anything wrong with that. mine was settled in the library of my lawyer's office. i'm thankful for that.