Thanks Folks, I've got through the worst of it.

Well, it's been a while since I posted on here. I just wanted to say thanks to all you peeps for helping me through the toughest time of my life.

It's been just over 12 months since wife left me, but I reckon I've weathered the worst of the storm and feel much better and stronger for it.

For anyone thats just starting down this road, I can only repeat what many have said before, 'It does get better'. It's a rough ride, but you've just gotta strap yourself in and hold on tight and a better day will come, I promise you.

It's amazed me how much good can come out of so much bad, if you know what I mean?

Dont get me wrong, I still have my off days, but on the whole life is good. Got me health, got a job and a roof over me head!

The past will always be a part of you, just gotta accept that, but it doesn't have to rule your future does it?

Cheers,

John.;)

Thanks for the feedback!

How have you improved yourself? Do you still have contact with her? What is your social life like? Details fella, details!

• Author

Well, I've had very little contact with my stbx, just the odd text message about financial things. She has tried to ring me on the odd occasion, but I didn't answer, prefer to stick with the texting! The whole NC thing was the answer for me, much easier that way.

I think the main thing was to accept that it was over, once you've done that then you slowly start to turn the corner and head down the road of recovery.

I haven't been near her house for about 8 months now. Dont know wether she is still with other man or not, and you know what? I dont care! I dont care where she goes, or what she does ,or who she does it with!

I dont wish her any harm, and I dont wish her any good, as long as she doesn't bother me, I'm happy! Think thats where I've improved a bit, not as bitter as I was about it, dont wanna let it eat me up for years and years.

As for social life, yeah, I go out with friends and I've made a lot of friends on the internet, and met up with some of em, which was a hell of a step for me, coz my wife used to do all the talking for me:laugh: Lost the art of conversation for a while you see!

Another thing though, I reckon I've become happy living on my own now, just me, can fend for myself and I'm not relying on a wife to make me happy, I'm responsible for my own happiness.

For now, I'm just gonna be single and do my own thing.

John.

dazedandconfused2008

Its nice to read this. Knowing that good can come out of all this. Makes me wanna hang in there even harder. Thanks

Consquential_Angel

I'm new here and just read your post and it gave me some hope.

I am the one who left my partner of 14 yrs ( 2 kids together). I never have and never did cheat on him and he didn't technically cheat on me, this gal called Al Cohol got in the way, he loved her more than he loved us!!.

The thing is, he is still finding it hard to move on (but its only been 3 months). We still have a property together thats 'For Sale' and obviously the kids, so the No Contact thing isnt an option here.

I hate going to the house and seeing him feeling sad and down. But know he has to get on with his life.

I hope one day he can look back and see that something good came from me leaving. Hopefully he can kick the drinking into touch and be a happier person.

I was my other half's mouth etc too, so at 39 he has had to start again.

I hope he can one day find happiness.

congratulations to you for coming out of the hardest part and starting to live life x

• Author
How is your business life? Can your see any advantage after divorce?

Well to be honest, I noticed a difference in my financial situation as soon as she left:laugh: I'm self-employed and work on boats, repairs/steering etc...Over the last year I've only really worked part time and still managed to save quite a lot of money. I reckon I could live for about 6 months without work at the moment which is a big improvement for me, I'm no longer on that hamster wheel!!

CA, thanks, I'm sure your ex will pick himself up at some stage, 3 months isn't very long. Good luck.

My original thread is here http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t146071/

dazedandconfused2008

If i may ask john, what was it or what finally made you realize it was over with her and accepted that?