divorce papers not signed.why?

my husband left 0ct 2001 because we got into a fight.he moved into an apartment around th corner.he was calling me weekly to tell me how glad he is to be away from me.i asked

him if we could work out the ex-wife/stepkids issue.he said

no.he would not come back.i asked him for weeks to file for

a divorce.he said he was too busy and he would always do it

next week.i got tired of the weekly phones calls about me

being such a horrible wife because i put my foot down with

his ex-wife calling my house leaving me nasty messages.they were married for 10 years.he said she used to verbally abuse

him and belittle him.so the minute i confront him about issues he runs out on our 18month marriage.i am confused?my lawyer sent him divorce papers 2 weeks ago.he will not respond. i paid all the legal costs.i dont want anything.

why will he not sign. he told me repeatly he was glad to be

gone.help me to figur him out.confused and frustrated.

In most states, there is a procedure in which a divorce can be granted without the signature of the other spouse. Talk to your lawyer about this.

This is basically a control issue on his part and you need to circumvent it and get this over with.

Depending on your state, you may not need his signature to get divorced.I helped my ex through his divorce, and at one point he wigged out and didnt want to go through with it. So I got on the phone with his lawyer for advice and the lawyer said it didnt matter. He didnt have to sign the paper, the judge would still grant divorce on the wifes behalf.

If you cannot talk to him by phone, you could write him a letter explaining what you want to do from here, and if he disagrees than you both come up with some sort of agreement on what to do from here. He is obviouslly torn up about this. And is being a butthole towards you because of it. He may be crying like a baby,depressed,having anxiety attacks,

getting cracked out & sleeping with everyone he meets. Divorce is just hard, it brings out the worst in people, its about the same as a loss of a loved one,(death).

If thats what you want, I dont think there is anything he can do about it. He sounds like is hurting! So the next time you wonder why he acts strange,mean,too happy. Its the divorce, and I dont think he has anything up his sleve. Its just divorce in itself.

He has the divorce papers! And it when he opend the envelope it said "I have died and fallen from the face of the planet".

Ive never been divorced but I have expierenced it to the point where I feel like I have. I would say it affects the deffendant more!

In most states, there is a procedure in which a divorce can be granted without the signature of the other spouse. Talk to your lawyer about this. This is basically a control issue on his part and you need to circumvent it and get this over with.