How can I check if she is divorced?

I found many websites offering background checks.

I just want to know if she is really divorced with ex-husband (not separated)

Is there a reliable website?

Who are you talking about? Ever hear of asking them?

If you are in a relationship with someone and they can't be honest with you about whether they are divorced or not, or you don't trust what they tell you, is that a good relationship to begin with?

The only way you can get divorce records is if you know the state and county where it may have been granted. Knowing that, you go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court of that county, most of them have a site on the web, and do a search of the person's name to see just what's on their records. In addition to divorces, you'll find marriage licenses, lawsuits, mortgages...anything the person has been legally involved with except criminal matters. Those are in another area of the clerks' offices.

• Author

they just let anyone see that? wow

The only way you can get divorce records is if you know the state and county where it may have been granted. Knowing that, you go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court of that county, most of them have a site on the web, and do a search of the person's name to see just what's on their records. In addition to divorces, you'll find marriage licenses, lawsuits, mortgages...anything the person has been legally involved with except criminal matters. Those are in another area of the clerks' offices.