Platonic relationship...

things with my wife came to a head a year ago. up until a month ago we were kinda on cruise control until we finally decided to seperate. i wasn't the best person to her, i've had to deal with a lot of issues i've had in the ensuing year. low self esteem, no sense of self-worth, saw all my shortcomings in her and took it out on her, yada yada yada. the usual mental case i was. i've since made great strides although some days are tougher than others.

anywhoo...i belong to a clan (not THAT clan, lol, a video game reference) that she joined after i did. she's since become friends with one of our clanmates to the point they talk every night (or at least used to, assume they still do) for several hours. i don't really have a huge problem with this as I know the guy as well and he's a decent guy. my question is, is there such a thing as a platonic man/woman relationship?

i've always tried to avoid being overly close to women to kinda avoid temptation. not that i think there would be a problem but it's best to just not even put myself in that situation. know what i mean? i know it's unfair to project my beliefs onto her but i just don't get it. she claims she's always been drawn to men as friends rather than women (which imo speaks to her constant need for attention but that's a whole different novel). i guess i don't really have a point i'm just curious to hear what you guys think on the subject.

thanks!