Good Divorce/ Break-up MOVIES

onestepback

Following in the same vain as SumDude, how about

some favorite break-up movies for those who like

to torture themselves somewhat?

So far, I have rented:

Kramer Vs. Kramer (Excellent movie!..oldie but goodie)

Just saw a good one on HBO called:

Imagine Me and You (comedy/drama about a recently married

woman who falls in love with a girl)

any other ideas??

Citizen Erased

Casablanca

War of the Roses

The Wedding Singer (Just think Love Stinks and:

BUT IT ALL WAS BULL****

IT WAS A GODDAMN JOKE

AND WHEN I THINK OF YOU AND I

I HOPE YOU ****ING CHOKE)

:lmao: :lmao:

The Way We Were... Streisand and Redford.

This is one of those cool old movies that you don't really "get" when you're young. It just seems sad the first time you see it. :(

But later on, when you view it through older more experienced eyes... you see the intricacies of it, the flight of human fancy that makes you see another person as you want them to be rather than how they really are.

It's an impossible relationship, but not just because as a couple they're somewhat mismatched. Rather, it's largely due to the fact that, Katie (Streisand) has a distorted view of Hubble (Redford). She sees him as this wonderful man who's not quite living up to his potential... when all the while, the All-American and somewhat shallow guy before her is all there is to him. But she clings tenaciously for years to her own POV, despite the fact that he never really evolves into THAT guy. Meanwhile, Hubble becomes increasingly frustrated at never being able to measure up, to BE the kind of heroic man she wants him to be, and eventually destroys the relationship.

It's sad, but it's also edifying. It illustrates the fatal flaw in relationships when one stubbornly adheres to the dream rather than the stark reality of another person.

The Way We Were... Streisand and Redford.

This is one of those cool old movies that you don't really "get" when you're young. It just seems sad the first time you see it. :(

But later on, when you view it through older more experienced eyes... you see the intricacies of it, the flight of human fancy that makes you see another person as you want them to be rather than how they really are.

It's an impossible relationship, but not just because as a couple they're somewhat mismatched. Rather, it's largely due to the fact that, Katie (Streisand) has a distorted view of Hubble (Redford). She sees him as this wonderful man who's not quite living up to his potential... when all the while, the All-American and somewhat shallow guy before her is all there is to him. But she clings tenaciously for years to her own POV, despite the fact that he never really evolves into THAT guy. Meanwhile, Hubble becomes increasingly frustrated at never being able to measure up, to BE the kind of heroic man she wants him to be, and eventually destroys the relationship.

It's sad, but it's also edifying. It illustrates the fatal flaw in relationships when one stubbornly adheres to the dream rather than the stark reality of another person.

The trouble with you LJ is that you're way too simplistic?! :laugh:

But now that you mention it, that is a really good movie. Me? I'm not one to buy DVD's and such. Once I've watched a movie, I'm done. With the exception of a couple such as "The Way We Were"

To answer one of the greatest questions women have about men ~ men and the remote control? Because "Cool Hand Luke" or "Smokey and the Bandit" might be on! :confused:;)

stubbornbutnice

I just watched "The Last Kiss"

Anyone seen it? It was sad and funny but really good. I guarantee pretty much anyone who is married or in a realtionship can identify with at least one character or couple in the movie.

Hmmm...good break up movies

I guess other than the ones list already...

'Bright lights, big city'... with Michael J. Fox

'Sideways' ... with Paul Giamatti, and Thomas Haden Church.

Both about breakups... finding new hope, and love.

nittygritty

The Notebook, if you really want to torture yourself :). Just kidding.

Break up or Divorce Movies not already listed-

Hope Floats

Riding in Cars with Boys

The Story of Us

Intolerable Cruelty

For some reason I always bawl when I watch "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks. He grieved when he lost her by getting stranded on the island.

Then, when he was found four years later, she had already reluctantly moved on with her life. She married and had a child. She thought she had no choice.

He lost her all over again.

It was heart wrenching.

I you need a good cry...this is the movie.

Diary Of A Mad Black Woman

Romantic Comedy... awesome.

Would give any abused and battered wife the ba!!s to get up and leave... and shows clearly the grass can be greener.

• Author
onestepback

I found a good one on cable yesterday.."Bye Bye Love"

This is a story about the breakup of the family. In particular, it focuses on the lifestyle of three divorced men. The film is presented from their perspective and it reveals their relationship with their children, ex-wives, girl friends, male friendships, and their identities as divorced men. In addition to dealing with divorce, the film touches on spousal loss and young adult homelessness. The film can be considered a social commentary that is both comical and emotional.

Hey All,

Being a guy, some of you may frown on this movie as a total chick flick, but it's not. If you are a woman, you will absolutely love it. It's in my top 3 movies of all time.

It's called Love Actually.

The characters are falling in love, falling out of love, some are with right people, some are with the wrong people, some are looking to have an affair, some are in the period of mourning; a capsule summary of reality. Love begins and love ends. They flirt a lot. They are all flirting with love. At all ages and social levels, love is the theme. Romantic love and brotherly love is the hotchpotch through out the movie. Most of the movie is filmed in London, during Christmas and the characters all ended up at Heathrow airport a very uplifting note.

Brokeback mountain...oh wait.. wrong forum...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lord have Mercy!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You and Gunny need to get your comedy act together, and take it on the road. I've been laughing so hard today my ribs are getting sore. :laugh: