Considering separation

lonelygirl74

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3]I am considering separating from my husband of soon to be 10 Years. We fight about everything. We are totally opposite. He is 33 and I am 32, but he is old fashioned, does not like the same music I do, we even fight about that in the car, is just everything. I am more like a firecracker, I need excitment, which I did not have for a very long time. The whole marriage is just very boring.The reason I did not take that step yet, because of financial issues. He works Full-time, he is in the US-Army and I work at night stocking at I go to school to get my degree. We have two children 12 and 7. I don’t know if he has to support anything if I do decide to separate from him. I did go to the Legal office on base and they did tell me that he would have to pay child support and alimony. I just tired of all the arguments, nothing is changing. I do have my faults but in his eyes it's all me.We are just a bad match. He did tell me that the only reason he is still here because of his son. Can someone give me any advice/information?[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3]Thanks![/sIZE][/FONT]

mikicmikido

Where you this opposite of eachother when you first met? If so what did you like about those differences then that you don't like now?

• Author
lonelygirl74

I think we were from the start. The only difference is he was always trying to please me, so I believe he did not show his true face until 3-4 years ago. Which I think he should have done that from the start, we probably would not be in this situation right now.

whichwayisup

You two owe to your children to try your best to make this marriage work. It seems you two have grown apart. Obviously something brought you two together to begin with, you married him, had children with him!

Get to marriage counselling, each of you should do one on one counselling as well.

• Author
lonelygirl74

I am angry about the whole situation. I still love him with all my heart. The only thing is I'm not in love with him, because of all this nonsence. But I know I could fall back in love with him. He is a good guy, is just we don't get along. We just like oil and water.