Is it a normal thing for you gals...

to still wear your wedding ring after you divorce?

My exwife still wears hers but on her right hand. but it irritates me because when I see it it's as if she's reminding me of what I gave up.

I will not bring it up to her and choose to ignore it.

But I don't get why the hell she would continue to wear it. Or is this normal and to women just another piece of jewelry?

No matter what the outcome of my relationship I will always wear my ring. It belonged to my grandmother and is very sentimental.

Im sure your marriage was a very important part of her life, and if wearing the ring makes her feel good, then it is her choice. It is a piece of jewlery that belongs to her to do with as she pleases. Would you feel better if you saw it in the pawn shop window? ;)

I would never even consider wearing my ring, and we are separated. I took my ring off about a year ago. My husband has never worn his...and I made it myself...designed it with a jeweler, cast it, etc. But I want very little to do with my husband at this point, so the thought of wearing my ring makes me ill.

Does your ex still love you?

Trialbyfire

I shed mine in a hurry but I might start wearing one of them again, if and when I get around to remembering to putting on the additional jewelry. I've always liked them and now that they're meaningless, I can appreciate them for what they look like.

aaaaaiiiiieeeee

I wore mine for a week after our seperation, when it still meant something to me. Then I realized it meant nothing, b/c I meant nothing to her so I pawned it.

I would never even consider wearing my ring, and we are separated. I took my ring off about a year ago. My husband has never worn his...and I made it myself...designed it with a jeweler, cast it, etc. But I want very little to do with my husband at this point, so the thought of wearing my ring makes me ill.

Does your ex still love you?

I hope not and wve been divorced for 3 years.

This is annoying me more recently because I've been seriously considering proposing to my girlfriend. And I wouldn't want my exwife to wear a ring symbolizing a marriage to me when I want someone else to wear one. Does that make me too harsh?

Kwo-ne'-she

I took my ring off when I walked out. For me, it symbolizes that marriage, and I couldn't wear it again. It is put away, I will never get rid of it, but it won't be worn again.

princesspeaches

My exwife still wears hers but on her right hand. but it irritates me because when I see it it's as if she's reminding me of what I gave up.

But I don't get why the hell she would continue to wear it. Or is this normal and to women just another piece of jewelry?

I'm guilty of wearing my engagement ring every once in a while. It's not for anything specific, but I did it when I was single and when I was lonely wearing it made me remember the good times. It was a comfort zone. When she's ready to take it off, she will. I think its prefectly normal.

My W took hers off about a month I think before she moved out, said she had gained some weight & it didn't fit. :confused:

Now that we are trying to work things out she has been wearing it again for the last few weeks. :confused:

detachedartsit

;)i Pawned Every Darn Thing,

and Then Gave The Rest Away...

now I Am Remarried,and Lost My Diamond.

but Who Cares...

its Just Stuff,

money Cant But Love

Its not the ring ~ its the symbolism of the ring and all that it represents, the years together, un-fullfilled hopes, dreams, promises, ~ its the rise oif both positive and negative energies, emotions, memories that flood through you when you see her wearing it?

Is she doing it to taunt you? I doubt it, it could be just as simple as she likes wearing it, and isn't ready to quit wearing it. It could be as simple as having it handy to move from the right hand to the left hand to fent off any un-warranted attention ~ there are single gals that have actually gone out and bought their own sets, so they can go out with their GF's have a good time without being bothered by men trying to hit on them (ABC Nightly News did a story on this)

Solution ~ re-focus your thoughts to something else.

roadwarrior
Its not the ring ~ its the symbolism of the ring and all that it represents, the years together, un-fullfilled hopes, dreams, promises, ~ its the rise oif both positive and negative energies, emotions, memories that flood through you when you see her wearing it?

Is she doing it to taunt you? I doubt it, it could be just as simple as she likes wearing it, and isn't ready to quit wearing it. It could be as simple as having it handy to move from the right hand to the left hand to fent off any un-warranted attention ~ there are single gals that have actually gone out and bought their own sets, so they can go out with their GF's have a good time without being bothered by men trying to hit on them (ABC Nightly News did a story on this)

Solution ~ re-focus your thoughts to something else.

The symbolism is whats messing with me. The marriage is over and time to move on. And I don't want two women wearing a ring symbolizing marriage to me.

Should I say something?

Probably shouldn't say anything...when the two of you got divorced, you lost the right to say anything about her personal life, her appearance, or the jewelry she chooses to wear. Just let it be.

The symbolism is whats messing with me. The marriage is over and time to move on. And I don't want two women wearing a ring symbolizing marriage to me.

Should I say something?

none of your business...... she is an X.

Are you sure it is over? Otherwise I don't think it would really bother you.

You could casually ask her why she wears the ring. But you don't have a right to tell her to take it off. There's many different reason as to why she's wearing it. And since you've been divorced for 3 years, none of them are your business.

Jeez, don't mention to your gf that your xW has her wedding ring on her right hand ~ she'll wonder why you're even looking.....or would care.

roadwarrior
You could casually ask her why she wears the ring. But you don't have a right to tell her to take it off. There's many different reason as to why she's wearing it. And since you've been divorced for 3 years, none of them are your business.

Jeez, don't mention to your gf that your xW has her wedding ring on her right hand ~ she'll wonder why you're even looking.....or would care.

I know it's none of my business and I guess I'm coming off as a complete ass. As for the ring, well it's hard to not notice for me and if my gf saw my wedding band she'd put two and two together. And i'm not sure how she'd feel if she knew my exwife was still wearing the ring. But it's bound to come up eventually.

How about getting rid of your wedding band so your GF won't notice? I'm sure even if Gf sees your xW ring, she can understand where the woman the coming from. But she should know that if you are proposing to her then she shouldn't be so insecure. Do you run into xW paths often?

I wouldn't both xW about it. You have your own life now and if everyone knows you are going to get remarried, then they are entitled to their opinions. If xW is wearing the ring to annoy you then just ignore it b/c you obviously moved on.

mandy81marie
I know it's none of my business and I guess I'm coming off as a complete ass. As for the ring, well it's hard to not notice for me and if my gf saw my wedding band she'd put two and two together. And i'm not sure how she'd feel if she knew my exwife was still wearing the ring. But it's bound to come up eventually.

Honestly if your gf sees the 2 rings and figures out your x is still wearing her set she might just think your x isn't over you. As long as you show gf that you really love her then it shouldn't be an issue.

I can understand being annoyed that the x is still "hanging on" to the ring and wearing it. If I still wore my ring after a divorce I would at least take it off when I crossed paths with my x. I wouldn't want him to think I wasn't over the marriage. I think seeing my x with his ring on after 3 years of divorce would really mess ith me. Especailly trying to get married to someone else. In a way it would make me feel like 2 people were married to me The one marriage is over and there shouldn't be any doubt and with the x wearing the ring leaves room for doubt that it's really over. (does that make any sence?)

roadwarrior
Honestly if your gf sees the 2 rings and figures out your x is still wearing her set she might just think your x isn't over you. As long as you show gf that you really love her then it shouldn't be an issue.

I can understand being annoyed that the x is still "hanging on" to the ring and wearing it. If I still wore my ring after a divorce I would at least take it off when I crossed paths with my x. I wouldn't want him to think I wasn't over the marriage. I think seeing my x with his ring on after 3 years of divorce would really mess ith me. Especailly trying to get married to someone else. In a way it would make me feel like 2 people were married to me The one marriage is over and there shouldn't be any doubt and with the x wearing the ring leaves room for doubt that it's really over. (does that make any sence?)

Thank you! I'm not tring to be an ass.

Your post is how I am feeling and what I was thinking how my gf may take it.

I can't say anything to the ex and thinking maybe should tell the gf about the ex still wearing the ring?

roadwarrior
How about getting rid of your wedding band so your GF won't notice? I'm sure even if Gf sees your xW ring, she can understand where the woman the coming from. But she should know that if you are proposing to her then she shouldn't be so insecure. Do you run into xW paths often?

I wouldn't both xW about it. You have your own life now and if everyone knows you are going to get remarried, then they are entitled to their opinions. If xW is wearing the ring to annoy you then just ignore it b/c you obviously moved on.

We together don't see her that often. Maybe once a month.

My gf has some insecurities with my ex because we live close (gf lives 1 hour away) and have to talk everyday (two kids).

To answer other questions, it is over on my part.

mandy81marie
Thank you! I'm not tring to be an ass.

Your post is how I am feeling and what I was thinking how my gf may take it.

I can't say anything to the ex and thinking maybe should tell the gf about the ex still wearing the ring?

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the ex about why she is wearing the ring. But it could start some drama if you ask her not to wear it.

After you see the x next and you talk to the gf you can always mention that something caught your eye and you noticed that "x" was stll wearing the ring. Then go from there. Just be sure to reasure gf that you care only for her and the fact that x is wearing the ring means nothing to you.

My ex-wife also started wearing her ring on the right hand too. We are not divorce but are seperated since Dec. we are in the back and forth situation so to speak. Not a lot of people know that we are seperated but only a few plus our family and really dont know why we trying to keep it discreet. Since we have a child together so we see each other to do family stuff for the kid sake. Thats how I noticed shes started wearing the ring again but on the right finger. Anyways, I am also confused by this and also a little hurt thats its on the the wrong side. I prefer she not wear it at all but its not my choice to decide, so I just dont say anything. So, my question is, is she wearing it to kinda in a way let people know that shes not marry anymore? Im confused please help.

Oh by the way, its the engagement ring 2 carat flawless (expensive) thats she is wearing now. Her wedding band she lost it at Walmart. It was in the pocket change of her purse somehow she accidently dropped it, so there goes 5k down the drain.