Is this being an idiot?

jimchildofgod

:confused: Here is your invitation to jump on an idiot....I think. You tell me: am I acting like an idiot?

Here it is. I have been separated from my wife (37 months in prison and 6 month free). She requested a divorce when I locked up and I agreed - then said no when it came down to the wire. I am aware that she has been seeing other men socially. She cannot tell me honestly that she misses me but will admit that she still loves me if hard pressed. I suspect that she just wants me to send money (which I do).

I do love her but am disgusted by her me,me,me attitude.

My family all tell me that I should terminate this relationship. Am I being an idiot to hope to pull it out of the fire?:(

I've never been in prison. although I was a supervisor over work-release inmates as a production supervisor.

I'm also retired military ~ which is an institution unto itself.

As LSD said, the simple answer is to move forward and on-ward. Too much water over the damn and under the bridge. The amount of time, effort, energy, money you would expend on getting this "one" back would net you ten others.

When I was a production supervisor ~ it amazed me the number of women that were willing to get with a guy that was still in prison! Granted a lot of the WR bubba's were just using them while they were still incarcerated and out right lying about being with them once they got paroled or EOS'ed ~ so don't let that stop you. There's a Jack for evrery Jill, and an Jill for every Jack.

The length of time spent in prison has most likely ended the relationship. So if I was you, stop looking at yourself as a idiot for the relationship but an idiot for getting caught breaking the law.......

The length of time spent in prison has most likely ended the relationship. So if I was you, stop looking at yourself as a idiot for the relationship but an idiot for getting caught breaking the law......

Its easier to find yourself on the wrong side of the law than you think. Its simply a matter of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and making the wrong decision in a split second.

Case in point a friend of mine's son, was at the beach shooting pool, they were young (<20 years old), when they got into a fight with another group over whose turn it was at the pool table. The guy that Josh was fighting ~ pulled a knife, but Joshed ended up stabbing him with the knife. He got three years for manslaughter.

Another guy I know ~ a reserve police officer, and member of the National Guard, walked in on his parents being robbed at gun point at their country store. One of the bad guys shot his father, (just wounded) and Jim shot and killed him, and then shot and killed the other guy. Justifiable homicide? Nope. He's serving time for murder, becuase in the heat of the moment the second guy takes off running out the backdoor through the woods, and Jim chased him down and shot and killed him. This all went down in less than 5 minutes.

I know a single mom who watched her X go to prison.

Her feeling are quite simple, she hates him.

She hates the abandoned feelings, the lack of respect he showed her by doing what he did and the emotional strain that was placed on the marriage because of him.

Unless your willing to commit the rest of your life to her, proving you can be devoted to her, re-establishing your commitment with her, re-establishing your trust to her. But think about what you said," She cannot tell me honestly that she misses me but will admit that she still loves me if hard pressed. I suspect that she just wants me to send money." Does this statement actually reflect your true feelings?

If so, you need to move on.