Why Is It That Women Deal With.............

Because they don't think it's 'gay' to share their feelings with friends, to ask for help, to pamper themselves. In short, because they aren't scared to do the things you need to do to heal.

Females are biologically programmed to "love" and "let go" through our most intense maternal attachment- child birth/rearing and the eventual "leaving the nest".

Females are biologically programmed to "love" and "let go" through our most intense maternal attachment- child birth/rearing and the eventual "leaving the nest".

Very solid point... :)

Theres your answer

I'm not so sure about this because this summer our boy stayed in N.H. with my sister and the W had a lot harder time of him being gone then I did.

Maybe because he wasn't actually leaving the nest as such.

Just a holiday!

Doesn't really count.

"Leaving the nest" is generally considered when the child moves through the final stages of their right of passage.

So for some women it is when their child goes to university, some when they get a full time job, some when they get in a serious relationship, but for most it is when they actually move out of home.

Getting dumped better then men do?

Hopefully I understood the question.

Actually from all the reading I've done, the opposite is true. Men get over getting dumped much faster than women do.

Maybe because much like not being afraid of seeking help to heal, they also intuitively "see it coming" and are somewhat prepared? Perhaps have even tried to repair the M without the aid of the other partner?

I think that men internalize their emotions, tend not to talk to friends or family about what is happening and as a result brood more about the situation. That leads to a longer healing time.

I know in my own situation that by the time we separated, I had emotionaly distanced myself so far from the M, that there was no hope of repairing it. I spent a couple of years trying (apparently rather poorly) to communicate what what needs of mine weren't being met, I tried IC, we went to MC. A year after MC ended, we separated. On the surface, it would appear that I healed faster, but I had also started the process years before he did. At this point (2.5 yrs after separating), I would be willing to bet he still hasn't talked to anyone about his feelings in all this, and has probably still not healed from our split.

Why Is It That Women Deal With.............

Lack of testosterone? :lmao:

Hopefully I understood the question.

Actually from all the reading I've done, the opposite is true. Men get over getting dumped much faster than women do.

yes at first i think that men get over it faster , but when i think about it , maybe men seem to get over it faster because they don't show their emotions and hold alot inside of them unlike women who speak their pain , and show their emotions on their sleeve when things don't work out. so i guess eventually when a women gets over the emotional pain and realization that the relationship is over, the men have hardly gotten started dealing with the loss and therefore take much longer to get over a breakup.. maybe huh ? .

I can't speak for anybody else but my ex sure did not get over it. I just think people don't like gettiung dumped and since women are the ones that leave most of the time they get over it faster. When a man dumps a woman I have seen it get really ugly so it is not always the case that women deal better. I just think people in general don't like rejection.

I don't agree that women deal with breakups better than men....:o

Unless you mean "getting dumped" as opposed to "breaking up/being the dumper" (assuming that the relationship was equally bad in either case).

If you meant it this way, I think it's because guys regard being "the dumper" as their biological role.

Men deal with inital rejection better than women do -perhaps it could be the opposite with getting dumped? So that the pride and self esteem factors also enter the equation?

I think that the dumper deals better with the thing than the dumpee. This is pretty obvious.

Then, if you look at married couples that divorce, most of the cases is the woman that fills for(/wants to) divorce, so there are more female dumpers than male dumpers (among married people). -> on average women "appear" to be moving on faster than men, but (actually) it is dumpers moving on faster than dumpees.

Now, assumming that someone has been dumped, does it make a difference if it's a man or a woman? I am not so sure...

• 2 weeks later...

you see we feel like it is the man who does not care. I have been married for 15 yrs and together for 18 and my relationship with my husband seems to be just friends. he sleeps on his side and I sleep on mine. we do not have sex cause he says I am fat and that he is not sexualy in to me any more when I weigh 165 that is I think a little more than I weigh but I say more so I make sure I am telling the truth. it is like 154 but 10 pounds of that is top heavy.

I am not an ugly woman (I am not braging on myself at all cause I feel ugly and fat cause it is thrown in my face all the time) but when I go out in public I have lots of looks even when I have no make up on and my hair pulled in a bun. it is very long and I keep it up most of the time. I tried every thing to make him happy. I love animals more than people and he knows this gets to me and I have horses and when he wants to get me upset to the point of just way out there he says sell the horses. I lost weight for him and it changed nothing. I would get rid of then it would be something else then I would do that then it is something else.

he never hurts!!!!! I am the one that cries all the time.he is like a stone and I thought that it is more the men gunny than the woman cause when it is all said and done we are the ones when the door closes weep ourself to sleep. I cry all the time cause I am in a loveless marrage but how do you stop loving someone??? I asked my frien that was married to her husband for almost as long as me and mine where she got her nards from or the old saying when your gut gets full. I asked her what store she shopped at so I could get one. what I dont understand and I would love to have that fairy tale of being in love all the time.

for me to be there for my husband, to fill his wildest dreams what ever they may be sexual or non sexual to walk hand and hand through a park all the mushie stuf. I could care less for the macho crap but need to know I will be protected at all cost. I guess I was just born in the wrong time. I want to live back in the old days when love was love not love and conditions. I have a big hart and it hurts alot of the time. so to stop babbing and really answer your question I think you might be wrong, but if we all did not have pride and truly loved with our hearts who knows where this love thing could go.:o