6 years and waiting

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years, and living together 2 years. We've talked about getting merried several times but nothing has come of it. He was going to prepose before we moved in together, but my parents were having merritial issues at the time, thus he decieded to wait. To make things worse, my Mother has made several outbursts to my Father at family functions. My boyfriend will not attend anything my Mother attends, but my Mom loves him like a son and would do anything for him.

When I ask my boyfriend about getting engaged, he tells me, he just wants to live his life. And he never does his share of the cleaning anymore. All he does is play X Box. I try talking to him, but nothing changes.

I need some advice. I know it's too late to let him go now.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to communicate more to understand where your relationship is going.

Unfortunately you may be in the wrong forum. This is for people who want a second chance, and not to let people go. Relationships need to be worked hard at, and not just to walk away from because its not going the way you want.

If you`re not happy then talk about it instead of walking away from it. [ I mean walking away from the problem, not the realtionship ]

The question is this though. What if you do get married? Will you still be happy then?

If he`s not listening to you know, what is it going to be like when you do get married?

The biggest piece of advice yet.........If you do get married, and decide later on that maybe this man isn`t the one. Its all going to get very messy ending up in divorce.