Finally on the backburner!

blackendangel13

blackendangel13

I just wanted to go on a nice little rant and give everyone a follow-up. Its been almost two weeks since I have instigated contact with my ex and hung out with him (see "My Night out with the EX"). He emails me twice a week and I reply nicely but not too personally. I am busy getting my stuff together and am finally going back to school a week from Monday. I am completely ecstatic to be back in a learning environment. I have found in the past two years I have become sort of a drama queen who overanalyzes everything because I live alone and have nothing better to do with my free time.

So now that I am back in school I don't have time for games. If he comes back, great. If not than other things will come. I love him to death but I have finally been able to put him on the backburner and focus on myself. This feels fantastic. I have been so much happier in the past two weeks knowing school is coming. Maybe this will finally give me the time to either move on, or for us to work it out. Either way, school is number one and it is so nice to have something other than him occupy that position.

Thanks for listening. :)

feels good doesn't it to finally wake up one day and not have your ex be the first thing on your mind. one thing that has helped a lot is realizing that spending all my time analyzing mixed messages and worrying about a non-existant relationship just isn't worth my time. life is short and we shouldn't waste our times worrying over things that ultimately bring us nothing but pain and suffering.

lostinmymind

Good for you. That is the attitude I am trying to achive and maintain in regards to my ex. Don't let your guard down yet though, you never know when old feelings will creep up. (Happens to me anyways.)

Good luck with school.

• Author
blackendangel13

You know what really opened up my eyes today, I tried to write him an email about how happy I was with school and could think of nothing to write. The fact that I was excited was enough and I didn't need or try to obtain validation from him. Feels damn good.

I am sure the feelings will always be there, but I have something more important now that stimulates my brain. Even if he is still in my mind it won't be nearly as much as before, which was what I was going for.