What's up with young girls?

Why is it that most 19-22 year olds just flip out for some reason? They have a healthy relationship yet they dump it to go out and date around, have fun and just be on their own.

Does it have more to do with themselves being afraid that they are just missing out on something in their lives or is it more their reltionship with their partner? I don't really get it.

Are there any girls that have felt that maybe they didn't want to pursue the relationship they were in because of these impulses?

Have any guys had their girl do this to them and then later on come back and give the relationhsip one more crack?

I've heard so much of this happening I figured I'd start a thread to see some experiences or thoughts on it.

um.......because.....they're YOUNG. They usually try to settle down once the old biological clock starts ticking, but until then, they're always trying to outdo themselves, get one guy better than the last, never being satisfied until they start to panic, at which point they settle down with the first jerk that comes along and wind up being divorced and alone within 3 years or so.....that about cover it?

fundamental
Originally posted by markraine

um.......because.....they're YOUNG. They usually try to settle down once the old biological clock starts ticking, but until then, they're always trying to outdo themselves, get one guy better than the last, never being satisfied until they start to panic, at which point they settle down with the first jerk that comes along and wind up being divorced and alone within 3 years or so.....that about cover it?

Yeah, what markrain said!!!

laRubiaBonita
Originally posted by fundamental

Yeah, what markrain said!!!

and HORMONES!

They think they can always get better.......and then even better and better, until finally they will take almost ANYTHING. Usually the smart ones figure out before they get to that point, but more and more that isn't the case anymore. Women remind me of a new kid with their toy. They play with it and love it and cherish, but then get bored when they see the next model, and the process repeats it again and again until they run out of cash and the most they can afford to buy is the Dollar store Jack-In-The-Box =P

ltomlinson81

Such generalizations! Not all girls that age are like that. I was in a committed relationship from 19-on.

blackendangel13

I am 21 and would have been the happiest person in the world to have stayed right where I was with my ex. No need to run away to see the grass is not greener without him. I am more mature than most 19-22s that I know though.

All girls are different, but I think it might have to do with growing up and changing. I broke up with a guy I was engaged to when I was 22.

I am sure he believes that I am stupid and threw away a good thing, but for me it was the right decision as he just was not the guy I wanted to spend my life with.

I was 19 when we met and started a relationship. 3 years later I had changed and matured a lot and realized that we were too different to spend our lives together.

I never wanted to play around and try out as many guys as possible. What I really wanted was to meet the right guy to settle down with and as I knew that he was not the right guy for me I did not want to waste more time in a dead-end relationship.

Nubemeister

I am 21 and I was all for a committed relationship with my ex. I didn't want to find out what's on the other side or be on my own...I loved him and at that point it was the greatest thing I could imagine having, it was great...

But he chose to break it off and left.

So....

Like everyone is saying...not all girls are the same:)

• Author

Breaking it off with someone because of compatibility reasons is one thing, and is understandable. I know my ex can't see it because she's too self-absorbed with her new-found freedom but maybe one day she'll realize how good we felt together.

It's almost like an episode of The O.C. Most of the stories I hear tend to resemble Mischa Barton's character the most. Their good girls at first, with a guy that genuinely cares for them. And then they decide they wanna go nuts. And then at the end I guess she'll eventually turn it around and go back to whatever guy likes her.

Fallen_Angel

I was in a serious relationship from age 20 to 4 months ago (now 24, and yes I am a GIRL).

Sure, I occasionally thought "maybe there's something else out there" but I didn't necessarily think the "something else" was better for me. I was extremely happy with my ex.

Turns out he has this syndrome you're speaking of. Maybe he won't admit it as such to me, but the way I see it I gave him everything he could have wanted and more. If he wants to date around and find girls who won't be as good to him as I was, he can be my guest. Hope it comes back to bite him in the @$$ eventually. :laugh::rolleyes:

EvilChicobo

Know exactly what you're talking about. My ex is 19, I'm 22. 2 months ago we broke up. She wanted to be on her own, find herself, all that stuff. I know she's been talking to other guys. When we first started dating she used to be so in love with me, tell me I was the best thing that ever happened to her. But a few months ago she started acting the way you describe. She asked me one day what I thought of her possibly seeing other people, she said that it would maybe help her appreciate me more.. I dunno. I still to this day love this girl with all my heart. And I'm still there for her. I can only hope that perhaps she'll see that we're wonderful together, and there's nothing we couldn't over come. I have a feeling the few big fights we had may have caused her to feel this way, but I don't know... I just can't help but wonder if it was my fault you know? :p

Originally posted by EvilChicobo

Know exactly what you're talking about. My ex is 19, I'm 22. 2 months ago we broke up. She wanted to be on her own, find herself, all that stuff. I know she's been talking to other guys. When we first started dating she used to be so in love with me, tell me I was the best thing that ever happened to her. But a few months ago she started acting the way you describe. She asked me one day what I thought of her possibly seeing other people, she said that it would maybe help her appreciate me more.. I dunno. I still to this day love this girl with all my heart. And I'm still there for her. I can only hope that perhaps she'll see that we're wonderful together, and there's nothing we couldn't over come. I have a feeling the few big fights we had may have caused her to feel this way, but I don't know... I just can't help but wonder if it was my fault you know? :p

I know exactly what you mean. And who knows, maybe dating around will let her come to appreciate you more. The only thing we can pretty much do is let go and move on. If they come back, great, and if not, oh well. The important thing, however, is not to wait for them. She has to realize by herself that YOU are a valuable commodity! :)

i dont know what the heck is wrong with them, its sooooooo true though. im not saying all, but 98% of GIRLS...that crap happened to me though like 6 months ago. i was in love with this girl, first love and dated for 2 years. i admit we were both stressed out and school, and snapin at eachother over stupid crap here and there towards the end. but i got the whole "i need to explore myself" BS speech out of the blue and never got a straight answer why i got dumped. i feel, as well as friends, that means "i need to explore other d*cks"....i also got "maby there is better people for us"...all i know is that i did the best i could till it started getting to the redicilous point, so i guess someone else can deal with that crap. it just hurts me soo much, even six months later is the worst pain.

they most deffinatly believ that there is something better, and will just test all these guys out. date them for 2 years, then on to the next within a month, max. its the old toy sendrome, like someone else said. just toss you away for something new and exciting. and by the time they come back to the old toy that they havent played with for a while, they will be used and abused themselves, so why would you want them. they need to be in a relationship in order to feel good about themselves and worth the air they breath.

someone else said that they will start fallin for anyone that likes them, i believe thats true. there standards will soon plumit to the very bottom and they will go for anything that gives them the slightest attention because girls of that age thrive for it. anything with a beating heart, then they can destroy it in few years. they need attention 247. they live for attention. i dont care what any of you little girls say, you love it. it makes you feel great.

sorry im a little bitter because i got burned HARD.

They have no idea how to differentiate between Mr. Right and Mr. Right Now without experience.

Old Toy Syndrome means that you were the best but they could not realize that until it was too late; thats why they end up settling for anything in the end.

Betcha after awhile she'll contact you to see how you're doing, and she'll be crushed when she finds out you've moved on with life.

In the end, you win.

Yup...They think anyone who is nice to them and show's them attention makes them happy...

Whether they are the biggest piece of **** in the world or not...They have no idea what love or commitment is...

When she tells you she has never been this happy in her life and did not think it could happen to her ever...

When her family and friends say she has never been happier...Then just takes off when the first sign of trouble comes is such bull****...

Always thinking they will miss some opportunity when they have it great now but that is not good enough, they think that the next one could be better or they will be missing out on someone....Meanwhile they just lost the best person they are ever going to have in their life and don't even know it yet...

Yes I am going through this now and am pissed off...Feel like I was lied to and everything she said or felt was all

bull**** and disposable...

She will realize what she had and I will probably be long gone by then, her loss....To bad we had such a good thing going to....

I have only one post on this site. I didn't mention it but the girl in my post is young(22 yrs). She did just flip out and left.no idea why?It could be age, I just don't know and that is what bugs me the most.With her silence is the sound of goodbye. I gave her love and patience even when she didn't deserve it.it's hard and I feel bad for anyone who has been through this. I thought I'd seen it all in relationships till this happened. I know she blew it w/ me. I know I have a lot to offer her or any relationship. Then why do I feel like I'm the one who lost? I'm having a hard time w/ bitterness. Its the grass is greener mind set.

Thanks-

Many young girls are flakey, volatile, unpredictable and immature. That's the way they see the guys too. It's a growing up thing. Give up on trying to change them. It won't happen. Only young girls who have had difficult lives with great emotional trials show a degree of maturity. They present other challenging problems for a young guy.

Just go with the flow, enjoy the ride, and hopefully in a few years you'll see some changes for the better.

I really thought it was up to the individual whether they were mature enough for a relationship. Perhaps I have a lot to learn yet...and maybe it's not so much the age group of people but when a certain set of circumstances occurs in their lives regardless of age.

Young girls are so HOT!!!!

I guess they have to lose a little of this to come to grips with reality.