LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

Incredible Turn of Events and Second Chance!

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2018, 9:43 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCrunchy View Post
I am curious. What is the dramatic event that occurred? Especially since you said you were in no contact for more than 1 year?
I made multiple efforts to remain in NC and after the 3-4x trying to go full NC, the most recent seemed it. I had, we had thought that we would never hear from one another again. Well, that was not the case.

Do you remember the false missile alert in Hawaii? Such a terrible and frightening mistake. When things seemed dire, I broke NC and contacted her to make certain she and the kids were okay. She revealed that she spent much of that period thinking of me. She still loved me and didn't want let go. I had always known that she did.

Crazy, huh? If not for that, I truly believe that we would no longer be in one another's lives.
Old 5th February 2018, 9:25 AM   #17
Established Member

Update 2

Well, it has not been easy. Up and downs with ex and she has plenty of insecurities, but we trudge forward. We have been skyping one another and speaking/texting daily. I know I have a sh*t load of stuff to do that will be both very difficult emotionally, but I love this woman and I will do whatever it takes. She has asked me to stop frequenting LS and participating as she aware that I do and I will honor that request until this whole thing falls apart or she and I succeed to which I will make a final post then. I will, of course, continue to view posts every so often.

Good luck all and I truly hope you all find the love you all deserve! I'm trying to recover mine. Wish me luck!
simpleNfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 5:57 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleNfit View Post
I made multiple efforts to remain in NC and after the 3-4x trying to go full NC, the most recent seemed it. I had, we had thought that we would never hear from one another again. Well, that was not the case.

Do you remember the false missile alert in Hawaii? Such a terrible and frightening mistake. When things seemed dire, I broke NC and contacted her to make certain she and the kids were okay. She revealed that she spent much of that period thinking of me. She still loved me and didn't want let go. I had always known that she did.

Crazy, huh? If not for that, I truly believe that we would no longer be in one another's lives.
Interesting story but I'm not sure if the foundation is really there. To have someone tell you that they love you only once you have contacted them is a bit of a concern. She probably does love you in a certain way but Its possible her admission was more about the relief of finally breaking NC.

There is lots of types of love. But it seems there is only one type of love that allows a relationship to start and continue. Not sure if that exists here. I suppose time will tell.
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 6:01 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Well, it has not been easy. Up and downs with ex and she has plenty of insecurities, but we trudge forward. We have been skyping one another and speaking/texting daily. I know I have a sh*t load of stuff to do that will be both very difficult emotionally, but I love this woman and I will do whatever it takes. She has asked me to stop frequenting LS and participating as she aware that I do and I will honor that request until this whole thing falls apart or she and I succeed to which I will make a final post then. I will, of course, continue to view posts every so often.

Good luck all and I truly hope you all find the love you all deserve! I'm trying to recover mine. Wish me luck!
I wish you well. I'm team SimplenFit! <3
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 8:38 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
Interesting story but I'm not sure if the foundation is really there. To have someone tell you that they love you only once you have contacted them is a bit of a concern. She probably does love you in a certain way but Its possible her admission was more about the relief of finally breaking NC.

There is lots of types of love. But it seems there is only one type of love that allows a relationship to start and continue. Not sure if that exists here. I suppose time will tell.
nah, he was the dumper so I am sure she still loves him in that way. The dumpee normally maintains feelings.
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 8:39 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:

lol, you should probably stop referring to her as your ex now
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 11:33 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCrunchy View Post
nah, he was the dumper so I am sure she still loves him in that way. The dumpee normally maintains feelings.
A dumper who is here posting on LS. A dumper who has actually made a promise to not come back to LS anymore (who even does that?). A dumper who seems excited by an unexpected event.

Dumpees don't maintain feelings forever, its been 2 years according to the OP, most of that NC. Female dumpees in particular do pretty well at moving on. And unlike dumpers, when something snaps inside a dumpee, there is absolutely no way to fix that, you'd have a better chance at overcoming the Great Wall of China.
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote