i respect her wishes but I want her back

Hopelessromantic664

Hopelessromantic664

Me and my ex broke up almost a year ago. I am the one who ended it. I do regret it now but I think it might be to late. We have been great friends since we broke up so a couple weeks ago I told her I wanted to talk with her and I apologized and asked about the possibility of us being together again. She never said no but said she doesn't want to be in a relationship at all right now and that her main priority was her two daughters and her niece that live with her. I help her out as much as I can and she's always there whenever I need something. She even got me a present for my birthday the other day. I recently told her that I respect her wishes to not want a relationship right now and that I'm a way maybe we are better off as friends. The only problem is I love her and I want to be with her but I have to respect her wishes and back off and just be her friend. I would love to be back together one day but I don't want to be just wishful thinking. I don't know what to do do I play it out or just be her friend and accept the fact that's all we ever be?

Happy Lemming

Maybe she is trying to protect her children and niece.

Seeing you come in and out of their lives as well, might be difficult on them.

Just a thought??

• Like 1

Why did you break up wih her? Are the reasons now magically resolved? Or is it that you haven't found anyone better?

I don't beleive in masquerading as someone's friend when you want something romantic. Can you be happy for her when she finds someone else? If not, that's a pretty crappy friendship.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Hopelessromantic664

When I asked if we could discuss the possibility she said "At this point in my life I don't want to be in a relationship right now my life is crazy enough as it is and I just don't have time to dedicate to anything else" I don't know what to do I love her and can't just give up I want to marry her and spend my life with her and her kids

Happy Lemming
When I asked if we could discuss the possibility she said "At this point in my life I don't want to be in a relationship right now my life is crazy enough as it is and I just don't have time to dedicate to anything else" I don't know what to do I love her and can't just give up I want to marry her and spend my life with her and her kids

She said "NO" and in a polite way, so move on!

Go "No Contact", heal, then attempt to find someone else.

• Like 1

All you can do is accept that she no longer trusts you with her heart. Her stated reason is an excuse. If she was willing to try again a busy life wouldn't stop her. If you can handle being "just friends" carry on. If you will always pine for more, put some distance in here. Don't ghost & don't just drop her because she has been very kind to you; treat her graciously in response.

She has been loud and very clear that she doesn’t want a relationship. Leave her alone.

If you respected her decision, you would have left her alone.

Leave her alone. Period.