LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

i respect her wishes but I want her back

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy Lemming
  • 1 Post By SevenCity
  • 1 Post By Happy Lemming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2018, 7:24 PM   #1

i respect her wishes but I want her back

Me and my ex broke up almost a year ago. I am the one who ended it. I do regret it now but I think it might be to late. We have been great friends since we broke up so a couple weeks ago I told her I wanted to talk with her and I apologized and asked about the possibility of us being together again. She never said no but said she doesn't want to be in a relationship at all right now and that her main priority was her two daughters and her niece that live with her. I help her out as much as I can and she's always there whenever I need something. She even got me a present for my birthday the other day. I recently told her that I respect her wishes to not want a relationship right now and that I'm a way maybe we are better off as friends. The only problem is I love her and I want to be with her but I have to respect her wishes and back off and just be her friend. I would love to be back together one day but I don't want to be just wishful thinking. I don't know what to do do I play it out or just be her friend and accept the fact that's all we ever be?
Hopelessromantic664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 9:41 PM   #2
Established Member

Maybe she is trying to protect her children and niece.

Seeing you come in and out of their lives as well, might be difficult on them.

Just a thought??
Old 24th January 2018, 9:50 PM   #3
Established Member

Why did you break up wih her? Are the reasons now magically resolved? Or is it that you haven't found anyone better?

I don't beleive in masquerading as someone's friend when you want something romantic. Can you be happy for her when she finds someone else? If not, that's a pretty crappy friendship.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 7:18 PM   #4

When I asked if we could discuss the possibility she said "At this point in my life I don't want to be in a relationship right now my life is crazy enough as it is and I just don't have time to dedicate to anything else" I don't know what to do I love her and can't just give up I want to marry her and spend my life with her and her kids
Hopelessromantic664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 7:22 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelessromantic664 View Post
When I asked if we could discuss the possibility she said "At this point in my life I don't want to be in a relationship right now my life is crazy enough as it is and I just don't have time to dedicate to anything else" I don't know what to do I love her and can't just give up I want to marry her and spend my life with her and her kids
She said "NO" and in a polite way, so move on!

Go "No Contact", heal, then attempt to find someone else.
mikeylo likes this.
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 11:37 AM   #6
Established Member

All you can do is accept that she no longer trusts you with her heart. Her stated reason is an excuse. If she was willing to try again a busy life wouldn't stop her. If you can handle being "just friends" carry on. If you will always pine for more, put some distance in here. Don't ghost & don't just drop her because she has been very kind to you; treat her graciously in response.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 12:28 PM   #7
Established Member

She has been loud and very clear that she doesn’t want a relationship. Leave her alone.

If you respected her decision, you would have left her alone.

Leave her alone. Period.
mikeylo is offline   Reply With Quote