I broke up with him

Hello everybody!

I've met this guy on my vacation. He is 29 and I'm 27

We had a nice first date and the second in the same week.

He already had feelings for me but I was not sure and maybe friends would be better.

I also told him I'm leaving soon and he begged me to extend my stay.

After some thinking and discussions.. I decided to stay.

the next week we had our first kiss and became a couple.

He is a hairstylist and december and january is the most busy season for him. He said he can only meet me once a month. I was like wtf ?! and had a discussion again.. but i accepted it.

he didn't meet me on my birthday.but we meet on christmas He told me it will be always like that. only meet once or twice a month. because he wants to concentrate on his work :lmao:

he works without having a day off. we always met after his work.

he doesn't want to change that.. he didn't for his ex gfs too, so they cheated on him.

but i don't think his job is the reason...

well we discussed a lot and he didn't want to change so I broke up with him. Maybe he will think about it and see whats wrong.

When I ignore him for a while and write again he replies immidately.

Since we broke up we discuss everyday... he said he doesn't want to be together again he decided that long time ago. once broken up he won't try again. but also told me he wants to change...

I'M really confused now

Why are you confused? He was very clear. His work comes first. You come second. There was nothing vague about his expressed priorities.

You dumped him & he has a policy not to go backwards in life. Seems like a good policy to me.

Since you dumped him & his other GF's cheated on him based on his priorities -- work comes before relationships -- he has now figured out that is the problem. Having identified the problem he is now deciding to change so he won't have this same issue with his next GF. It does not mean that he wants to break his other "rule" & go backwards in life to you.

• Like 1

Even at its best, it wasn't much of a relationship. Not sure if his work is the only reason or if he has someone else going on, which I suspect. But anyway, he didn't offer much at all, and it's not worth bothering about him any more.

Not that this is an indication that he is a cheater but male hairdressers (like musicians) get tons of women hitting on them. So who knows.

• Author

thank you everybody

but he isn't the type to cheat. He is very sensitive.

I think I can remember he told me he doesn't want to make a lot of memories with me because I'm gonna leave his country and it will hurt too much

It's completely possible he's just driven, and career focused. It does make me a little uneasy though, once a month *really* isn't a lot of time.

Honestly, you could probably win him back - but, I think because of the fact that you're leaving the country, it wouldn't be worth the effort