LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

Why is it that what you want the most, miss so bad, feel so wrong?

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2018, 7:47 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejustme View Post
Youíre talking as if I am jamming sports down my sons throat. First, my son plays one sport per season. I have told him and reinforce that he needs to find his two top sports. So far this year he plays football and basketball. Yes, itís a bit overwhelming for me a single parent, but I make it work for him. Second, academics ALWAYS come first in my house. If his grades slip Bc he canít handle school and sports then sports go. He knows this. And lastly, people without kids overlook the importance of sports. Sports are a right of passage and teach children much more than just the sport itself. Sports teach discipline, respect, responsibility and how to play fairly with others. I donít like when people chalk sports up to being just a ďjockĒ thing. Dig a little deeper and youíll find out that sports are actually a fabulous thing for children. Onto the aspects, I have never nor do I need a father figure for my son; his
Father is a phenomenal father that spends a great deal of time with his son.
And I never expected any guy that is in my life to fill that role. I didnít expect my ex boyfriend to attend every game but I did expect him to be supportive and not ride me Bc I wanted to go to my sons games. As I mentioned in another response; I ran myself ragged for many years trying to spend adequate time with both my son and my boyfriend and in the interim I forgot about myself.
I do appreciate your take on my issue tho and appreciate the feedback.

You are not a single parent.
primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 8:10 PM   #17
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejustme View Post
I totally agree; my son will always come first. I never indicated or said anything about my ex moving in. I have absolutely no intention of that. I wouldn’t have that for my son.
smilin...i am so sorry i read
Quote:
move in with you
rather than what you actually wrote which was
Quote:
move on with you....
...still glad to read that you wouldnt let him move in....cheers...deb
mejustme likes this.
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 9:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer View Post
You are not a single parent.
Hmmm.... as defined, please see below regarding single parent:

single parent. noun. a person who has a dependent child or dependent children and who is widowed, divorced, or unmarried. (as modifier): a single-parent family

Therefore, I am a single parent.
mejustme is offline   Reply With Quote