I seen ex and now I want to talk with her

I hadn't seen or had contact with this ex for about seven months. She and I dated for about 3 months. We started to have problems after one of her good friend's boyfriends cheated. She became paranoid that I would do the same. I tried to reassure her but it didn't help and I was finding myself irritated. We were having arguments and I ended breaking up with her.

Anyhow I was shopping at a grocery store and as I was coming up an aisle I seen her working at the check out. I wished I would've gone up then because her line was open but I still had items to get and I was a bit shocked wanted to relax. However, by time I was ready to checkout, her line was full while the other one was empty. I didn't want to wait in her line only to get called over to the empty line so I went to the empty line. As I walked up to the line, my ex happened to turn around and looked directly at me. She seemed nervous and quickly looked away. I unloaded my items from the cart and my ex was standing right beside me. I had the flight feeling and couldn't think of anything to say besides she would have to turn around and she was busy with customers. She looked beautiful but somehow appeared younger than what I remembered.

I thought about it and decided that I wanted to try and get back in touch with her. I called her a few days ago and it went to an automated voicemail. I don't remember if she had personal voice mail greeting. Later I swore that I heard my phone sound of twice indicating a text message. I waited to check until I finished typing a paper and then found nothing. I thought maybe she might've deleted them with that new app. Besides I'm not sure that's even her number now.

I want to make absolutely sure that she knows that I tried to get back into contact. What's the best way to do that? Any advice on talking with her?

healing light

Does she still work at that store? Maybe get some items, go back around the same time of day, and get in her line this time. Make some small talk? If not, you could always shoot her a quick email.

• Author

I assume she's still works there. I only had her cell number and I don't think she's still using it or else she would've replied to my voicemail. I think she'd be interested in talking now but maybe she hates me. I guess the only thing I can do is stop back. If I get lucky and she's in and her line isn't busy, it's difficult to try and talk while she's at work. I'm worried that even if she wants to get back to talking with me, if I approach her at work and put her on the spot it may make her too nervous, she'll close up and I may take that as disinterest. It's tricky. I've been thinking about her a lot I guess a part of me wants a second chance.

• Author

I tried again. This time, she smiled at me twice. I tried to talk with her but she still seemed nervous and was clearly trying to avoid giving me any chance to talk with her. I noticed she was wearing fancy jewelry which I guess was gift from a rich boyfriend. If she's has a boyfriend why would she avoid me?

You can't assume she's got a rich boyfriend or any boyfriend at all. Write your phone number down and a note saying "please text or call me. Im not sure I have your current number and I'd love to talk," and walk in there and hand it to her and walk out.

Reverse look up her number to see if it’s still her

Or just go up to her while at work to pay for something.

Wait wait how is she your ex if you only dated for 3 months ?!

• Author
You can't assume she's got a rich boyfriend or any boyfriend at all. Write your phone number down and a note saying "please text or call me. Im not sure I have your current number and I'd love to talk," and walk in there and hand it to her and walk out.

Maybe she doesn't have boyfriend but I can't figure why she would wear jewelry like that unless it was from a boyfriend who she figured may stop for a visit. If she's not willing to talk with me I don't see her accepting my number let alone calling or texting me.

Reverse look up her number to see if it’s still her

Or just go up to her while at work to pay for something.

I gave the reverse look up a try but it only showed cellular and listed the metro area.

Wait wait how is she your ex if you only dated for 3 months ?!
Ex relationship; not ex wife.
  • Author
If she wants to talk to you she will. Let her do it. You said u called her and left a message and she didn't reply. I'd leave it at that.

I definitely would if I knew I had called her current number. Last time I noticed she had a new phone so she may gotten a new number and by her behavior she had no acknowledgement that I reached out to her. I hate to assume.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I ended up getting her number through a mutual friend. I sent a text Hey Ann. She replied back immediately with bye. Has anyone here had a situation where someone openly disliked them yet smiled?

I ended up getting her number through a mutual friend. I sent a text Hey Ann. She replied back immediately with bye. Has anyone here had a situation where someone openly disliked them yet smiled?

No telling but you certainly got your answer. Now you can put this behind you. No point in trying to analyze further.

Sorry about that, but at least you tried and got your answer. Now put this behind you. There's nothing there. The smile could have just been because she was at work and didn't want any problems. It obviously wasn't a smile because she was happy to see you.

• Author
It's called being polite to customers.

None of the other employees smiled. She was walking perpendicular to me so really no reason to even make eye contact. I think she still has feelings for me and that's why she avoided talking because she wouldnt be able hide that fact. Even if I'm correct I have no more options its over.