Instagram Stories Dilemma

The_Wanderer

My ex girlfriend recently broke up with me a month ago and while she initiated the break up, began dating another man just 2 weeks after and has since maintained a strict no contact rule in which I just happened to eventually broke just last Friday by asking "Hey, how are things?". She replied "Please do not message me, I won't ask again."

Now, you're probably wondering. Why didn't I just keep silent and move on? She's clearly seeing another person and has said on numerous occasions to that she needed space, hence the no contact, right? Well — here's the hard part. When we broke up, she could not begin to express how she did not want me to be removed from her life, she wanted me as a friend after we gave each other space for a while. The breakup certainly wasn't at all bad. She just up and told me one day that she no longer loved me over the phone and I suppose she expected me to completely go from loving her unconditionally to mimicking her emotions and move on.

However, here's where I am left with confusion and perhaps any of you who have Instagram and have been in a similar situation before may know.

Ever since we broke up, my ex girlfriend has continued to view all my stories and like 'most' of my photos (the ones of my face). When she warned me to stop messaging her a week ago, I told her that she would need to block me as I can no longer tempted to view / message her. So, I've removed her from everything and she's blocked me from the sites that count (Instagram). Sounds good so far, but here's the thing. She's got a second account, an account (I know 100% because I've been with her for two years) she almost never uses. She may post a photography photo every 3-5 months, but she does not view stories, like photos or do anything with that. I don't even follow her on that account and now all the sudden when all the communication and viewing has been cut from everywhere, Facebook, Twitter, her main Instagram, Snapchat, etc... anywhere you can name... every single night or time I post a new story, she will hop on this 2nd account and doesn't matter what time it is, she will view it before she goes to bed.

Maybe I'm taking it way out of perspective, but for someone who does not want me around at the moment, is dating another person and has repeated many times that she does not want me to contact her, why then would she be going to that effort to switch accounts, search up my name, clicking on my profile just to view my stories? It doesn't make sense and she's definitely a rational person, not some psycho. So, what does this mean? Nothing, probably...

You're both young and inexperienced. She doesn't want to date you anymore, but most likely doesn't have the experience and knowledge on how to handle things post-breakup.

Just block that second account of hers and then you won't have this dilemma.

Only she knows why she's doing it but it isn't to get back with you so remove it from your life so that you can move on properly.

Sorry to put a dampner on things but..

1. She's looking because even if you leave someone and you're the one who made the decision to leave you sometimes want to make sure you've moved on before them (not everyone does this but a lot do).

2. She ended it and got with someone else so why would you even waste your time wanting her back

Those 2 are enough to call it a day and leave her alone. She checks your stuff? I still check a past exes of mine from 6 years ago to see how she's doing sometimes, an ex of mine from 2 year ago liked a recent picture of mine it all means nothing. People come and go but they still take a piece of you with them, they'll check to see how you're doing but honestly mate it means nothing. Dont ever take anyone back until you get them begging at your door if they left you. Move on. If she wanted you back believe me youd know, youd not have to piece bits together to make It fit, youd just know because she'd tell you outright.

Edited by Travel87

Sounds like she just wants to be in control. She tells you to leave her alone all while "watching" your life, likely making sure you don't/haven't moved on from her yet. Block her other account.

Michelle ma Belle

I want to know why you care so much? And why did you reach out to her after everything that went down with her?

It's over. She's told you to stop reaching out to her. She has a boyfriend. What else do you need to know?

Block. Delete. Move on.