Snapchatting me after 2.5 months NC...what are her intentions

My ex and I were together for about 1.5 years. (with a small break of about 3 months early on in our relationship). We met through our collegiate cycling team. I am about 4 years older than her. When we started dating I was in my 2nd year of my masters program and she was in her junior year of undergrad. Our relationship was the first for either of us. The first time we took a break, she broke it off with me. After 3 months she wrote me a letter about how much she'd regretted letting me go and how I was the first person that had ever cared for her on such a deep level. We got back together after this and our relationship continually got more serious. About 4 months after we got back together, I graduated, got a full time job, and moved to a city about 1 hour away from where she was in college. While this made the relationship more difficult, we managed to get together at least 1-2 weekends each month and talked 3+ times per week on facetime.

Late this past spring/early summer is when things started to get a bit strained in our relationship. She had a tough course load (she started into upper division mechanical engineering courses) and my schedule was busy with work, travel and visiting family, which made it difficult for us to see each other very often. In early July, it had been 6 weeks since we had last seen each other, and our communication level had decreased. I called her one night and we talked about where our relationship was going. I stated that I knew she was busy with school and I wanted to take the route which was best for her, whether that be us taking a break or going our separate ways. I said that I would be happy with either choice, but if we were to stay together we needed to be able to see each other more often. She stated she still liked me a lot but wasn't sure how we would see each other more often due to her busy school schedule. I told her I understood and suggested that it would probably be best for us to call it off. Both of us said neither of us had hard feelings towards each other and wished the best.

We then went no contact for about 2.5 months until this past weekend when we met at a bike race. She approached me at first and we talked for over an hour about how we had been. When we parted ways we gave each other a hug and she said that she wanted to make plans to catch up again sometime soon. The last 2 days she has started sending me snapchats again and the last 2 nights we have chatted via snapchat. After getting in contact with her again, I have come to realize how much I miss having her in my life. I understand she is busy and I don't want to force anything, but I'm curious as to what might be going through her mind. Is she just trying to be friendly or is it possible she misses me too and has realized that after being NC?

I definitely hope that at some point we could get back together but only if it is right for both of us. When we were together, we never had any disagreements or hurtful words at all.

Thanks!

What stood out to me was that she said she liked you a lot when you were breaking up.

Did you not love each other after 1.5 years together?

While it's possible she wants to rekindle or just be friends, it's more probable her intentions are romantic if you were deeply in love with each other and the distance drove you apart.

• Author
What stood out to me was that she said she liked you a lot when you were breaking up.

Did you not love each other after 1.5 years together?

While it's possible she wants to rekindle or just be friends, it's more probable her intentions are romantic if you were deeply in love with each other and the distance drove you apart.

We did love each other and every time I would call her we would end blowing kisses at each other and saying “I love you”. When we were together we were fairly inseparable and one of both our close friends commented how loving our relationship was.

So would you suggest anything I do specifically or just let her make the moves and see how it plays out?

I think she wants to get back with you as well. She seems level-headed and didn't want to cause inconvenience because she knew she wouldn't have time to put her all into the relationship. You should tell her how you feel and I think she will respond positively. She might be ready now and can manage her schedule and wants to try again.

How many times does she have to break up with you to be "ready" to date you?

If you do choose to get back together I would be careful. I would also make it a point to tell her this is the LAST time you both try this.

Me personally I would be curious as to why all the sudden she is deciding to contact you again- is it because she truly missed you or did something not workout for her like she expected?

I think seeing you and speaking with her for an hour are indication she's interested. Most people would just exchange a few minutes of conversation.

Take it slowly, see where she is currently with her time. It doesn't have to be anything intense at this point. She still has school to finish and will get busy again.

She said this : she said that she wanted to make plans to catch up again sometime soon.

She didn't say when, so that's and excuse. Your just buddies and nothing else. What you had if you really had anything with her, is gone. Even if she wants to hookup as friends not as lovers that's about it! You have to listen very carefully when she talks to you. There is so much information when they do. But we men get excited and forget what they really meant to say.

What she really said to was, when I can hopefully in the near future we can hook-up as friends. If she was a bit clearer you would have got it. Why are you going to wait, messages on snap chat, if they're chit chat type or small talk not related to anything like love or romance then you know she's not really into you.

If you want to see where all this goes just continue like you are but don't get hurt by her she's not really being too up front with you. Never let a woman you like know how much she means to you or the fact that you like her. Because she can take advantage of your heart in so many ways!