LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

Become friends again with my ex or no?

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Old 2nd October 2017, 8:34 AM   #1

Become friends again with my ex or no?

So my ex broke up with me about a month ago. I've been in 0 contact with him, blocked him off most of my social media. I know he's bothered by it, because we'e never gone this long without talking, and he's always depended on me more than I did with him. When we first started talking we had an instant connection and we've always clicked and some of my best memories have been with him. However he's broken up with me before and hooked up with another girl before we got back together which really, really hurt me but it was something I was willing to look back upon. Him breaking up with me again hurt me again of course, so this time I really put in the effort to block him out.

The thing is we're going to the same state college and we already have mutual friends. It's not like I can completely ignore him or let one boy ruin my friendships with everyone else. I know he's gonna want to become friends again (even right now) but I'm not sure what to do. A part of me wants to be friends with him and be civil but another part of me is remembering all the times he's hurt me deep down, and done things that I'll never be able to understand.

Last edited by sallymang; 2nd October 2017 at 9:16 AM..
sallymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 9:17 AM   #2
Established Member

You don't have to be friends but you can be civil.