He broke up with me twice but is giving me mixed signs

sallymang

So my ex broke up with me for the second time a few days ago. He's broken up with me before, earlier this year, we dated for a few months and now he's decided to break up with me again. The first time was a bit sudden, it seemed impulsive because he was going through a tough time then. However, we were apart for a few months, talking on and off, he tried to get over me with another girl but couldn't. We ended up getting back together.

It was so good when we got back together, I think the best its ever been. We were happy and we travelled together in the summer twice. It seemed so real and more committed. However, we didn't see each other for a week due to him being overseas, and he started acting super weird. short replies and wasn't talking to me much. I blamed it on him being busy with his family, which he was. But I knew something was wrong but I couldn't quite pinpoint.

He finally confronted me about it a few days ago and said he's been on and off and doesn't know what he wants in this relationship, basically saying he's lost feelings and feels more like friends, which I was super confused about, because just a week before that he had been telling me how much he loved me and couldn't bear the fact that we wouldn't be together for a few months (we were to do long distance) and we were so in love when we got back together. I thought he had met someone new but I trust him when he says he didn't.

I wasn't really surprised because I could tell something was different, but I was heartbroken obviously. He said that space was needed between us and I agreed.

However, he messaged me randomly after asking for something back he left at mine which he hadn't ever used before he gave it to me. Sounded like an excuse to talk to me. I posted a photo of myself and he replied to it saying I looked good. He sent me two videos on snapchat and I told him in an annoyed tone that we were supposed to have space. He said it was an accident lol but it for sure wasn't.

I'm confused at these small things he's doing and what they mean, when he was the one who broke up with me in the first place. He doesn't talk to a lot of people so I'm not sure if he regrets it, he misses me, or he's just lonely.

thoughts ?

Unfortunately, if he's broken up with you twice now, you would be best to realize that this isn't the man for you.

He might seek you out when he's lonely or bored or wants attention (or to ease his guilt for hurting you), but ultimately, he's in it for the right reasons if he keeps bailing.

I would focus on healing so you can eventually find a man who wouldn't risk losing you, even once. This man has does it twice. That's all you need to know.

• Like 1

I'm confused at these small things he's doing and what they mean, when he was the one who broke up with me in the first place. He doesn't talk to a lot of people so I'm not sure if he regrets it, he misses me, or he's just lonely.

You are confused because you are hoping his crumbs mean that he wants to be with you. If he did, he would say so and be with you but instead he has TOLD you he does not want to be in a relationship with you. Pay attention to the latter -- the rest mean nothing.

• Like 1
  • Author

you're right, thank you . He was my first love so i guess theres something sweet and precious I like about that that I want to work out. Time to move on !

In all honesty I didn't even read your post because I didn't have to. Everything I needed to know was in the line "He broke up with me twice"

All you need to do is not allow him to do it a third time. Leave him the heck alone.

There are second chances, but should never be third, fourth etc... He has showed you by his actions that he does not want a romantic relationship with you. I'm sure you both had some great times and good memories, but it's time to move on from him, recover, and look forward to your next relationship. If this was your first, know that you'll probably have a few more. Take and learn something from each one. They are chapters in your life.